SS Feldpost

Pete L

SS Feldpost I acquired a few weeks ago. Any help with translating any of the handwritten text would be appreciated. Thanks.

E8ABA10D-A0FE-4FE5-A4D5-99C452DA5F95.jpeg

358889B1-533E-4C25-ABF6-0BD3316DE319.jpeg

Sorry I just can't make out his squiggle except the unit, 3 SS Pz Jaeger Ersatz Abteilung Arolsen.

I stayed in their barrack during my service time, it was Belgain owned then and we were on Ex Winter Spindle, we basically plonked inflatable tanks around the countryside and had to illuminate them with the LTM beacon filter so the RAF could dry attack the targets. The camp was very run down and the rooms very basic but it was better than camping and as close  as the RAF ever got to the field!

Best

Rich

• Like 1

And he had a friend or family member in IR 315.

erwender: Postamt | Verwendung als: Aufgabestempel, Tagesstempel 1.9.1939-1.1.1940 Stab II und 5.-8. Kompanie Infanterie-Regiment 315, 30.12.1943 Stab II und 5.-8. Kompanie Grenadier-Regiment 315, 27.6.1944 nicht verwendet.
Typ: K1 (Einkreis Rundstempel) / Form: Kreisstempel
Schriftart: nicht angegeben
Verwendungszeit: 1.9.1939 bis 21.5.1945

Credit Stampex stempledatenbank.

• Like 1

Thanks Richard, that is great. Very informative. The only thing I could make out was the “3 SS Pz Jaeger”. Thanks again!

He has a really difficult style for me? Some I can read straight away others are hard work. You could try WAF forum as they have some 'Natural' Germans that can read this easily.

Best

Rich

• Like 1