Opinions on this tunic. I am thinking of buying it but would like some help on original or not.

edteach

Ed, I am sorry that you have had to find out , what we all thought, this tunic is a miss on so many parts, but I am glad that you are able to send it back with a full refund, the seller, has try ed to get rid of an item that was no good. The other tunic is a much better buy

The thing that bothers  me is the seller goes under one name and the only other one that likes the tunic is from the same country and said he had it in hand. Sounds a bit skecth to me. I think they may be the same person one being a shill for the other. Also seller said that I have to send it back as no value or they will take the taxes out of the refund. Why would you get taxed on getting your own item back? Sounds like a set up to me.

Well I hope you dont have crap come your way, and it sounds like a set up, where are these sellers from and did you do it with paypal

17 hours ago, edteach said:

The thing that bothers  me is the seller goes under one name and the only other one that likes the tunic is from the same country and said he had it in hand. Sounds a bit skecth to me. I think they may be the same person one being a shill for the other. Also seller said that I have to send it back as no value or they will take the taxes out of the refund. Why would you get taxed on getting your own item back? Sounds like a set up to me.

Just be careful mate! I don't know what to think but if he incurs tax on a returned item then I think I would be tempted to say no and send it back as the value it cost you, with a note that this is a returned item, also cover the swastika on the eagle with some tape, and he can invoice you for any additional costs? If it miraculously disappears on the return journey and you have zero value on it how can you claim via insurance? I am thinking damage limitation here. Perhaps you could 'float' this whole situation on WAF to force the 'protagonist-ists', to do the right thing? You know what I mean, and if it does not work out then name and shame the lot of them, him who handled it and look on line there to see who his friends/shills are, easy to do!

That aside, Merry Christmas!

Best

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld

21 minutes ago, Richard Auld said:

Just be careful mate! I don't know what to think but if he incurs tax on a returned item then I think I would be tempted to say no and send it back as the value it cost you, with a note that this is a returned item, also cover the swastika on the eagle with some tape, and he can invoice you for any additional costs? If it miraculously disappears on the return journey and you have zero value on it how can you claim via insurance? I am thinking damage limitation here. Perhaps you could 'float' this whole situation on WAF to force the 'protagonist-ists', to do the right thing? You know what I mean, and if it does not work out then name and shame the lot of them, him who handled it and look on line there to see who his friends/shills are, easy to do!

That aside, Merry Christmas!

Best

Rich

I sent it back and put the value at what I paid and checked the box that it was returned goods. He should pay no tax on it. But I can not send it back as no value because he can claim he did not get it if I have to do the credit card route. He is ticked off that his tunic got all the neg. attention. But I asked if it was OK to put it up for review. I had WAF check to see if one was a shill account, but it seems its a different IP address. The mod told me it was a young kid who also lives in France and has no experience. So his opinion is not worth much. But I can change my IP address to anywhere in the world in 2 seconds with VPN. Just a lot of things that make me feel like he tried to push off an undesirable tunic

• Like 1

Good,

you seem to have covered the bases. You can't ask WAF to check things out, you need to do the digging yourself to get the facts. I am sorry to say WAF is fundamentally flawed with shills, influencers, sponsors, popstar collectors, etc.

Once bitten twice shy?

Good Luck in the future, Merry Christmas and enjoy your other tunic!

Best

Rich

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Richard Auld said:

Good,

you seem to have covered the bases. You can't ask WAF to check things out, you need to do the digging yourself to get the facts. I am sorry to say WAF is fundamentally flawed with shills, influencers, sponsors, popstar collectors, etc.

Once bitten twice shy?

Best

Rich

Happy holidays to you also. I agree. I think I will be much happier with the tunic from Collectors Guild. Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Richard Auld said:

Good,

Once bitten twice shy?

Best

Rich

Correct on all counts Richard. Just had a member suspended for trying to shed some light on some of the more popular "influencers" over there, damn shame as I thought him a good teacher on what to look for. His problem was he didn't take guff off anyone and would let them know it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Richard Auld said:

Mike, try and get him on here? Might that be possible?

Rich

I have been trying to find where he has gone to, so far no luck. It's kind of a different pace for me being Imperial and he's SS but I kept seeing his name pop up as I scrolled on by but I became curious as to he was so I started hanging out there and following his posts, he wasn't afraid to talk back to anyone, quite refreshing he was. Plus him being a police officer it was hard to put anything past him, but when he did make a rare, very rare mistake he wasn't afraid to fess up to it. 

• Like 1

Richard I see what you mean about WAF. What a bunch of douche nozzles. I put up a piece for review, I said I bought it. it was at an auction and I did not want any competition. One douche nozzle came on and said I was telling lies and that it was up for auction and what was I trying to do. LOL Really While E. you need an expiation? Its like looking for Arrow heads. I look spend the time and find an old Indian village and am I going on line and give out a GPS so anyone can go? Find your own stuff is my opinion. that site is full if idiots.

• Like 3

Ed, it was pointed out to me on there about 2008 by Don Doering that it was not a democracy. WAF is business pure and simple. There are a lot of very clued up people on there don't get me wrong! Most though are dealers, flip artists, shills, popstar collectors or fraudsters. The rest are the sheep that have their favorite dealer and as soon as their dealer is called into question they all rush out to defend him or her. Normally ending with a bland statement like 'any one can make a mistake' or 'its your own fault, you should know what you are buying'. I am sorry I am not keen on that MO. I believe if I bought a €2000 TV and it did not work I think I would kick up a fuss. There is not the same level of buyer protection. My last banning was for criticising one of Kramers shills. He was/is employed by 'all one didn't know', the dealer that threatens children by email, all evidence no doubt removed but it was on there for all to see. In your last case mentioned, there are people on that site that will reverse search your photos, mention it to others in the hope to deny you the chance of any type of bargain, this is done to keep the prices artificially high. If you look at that last dealer in detail you can see 10 years ago he did not know much at all but he has used the people on there that are knowledgeable to verify his items before further sale, he is not stupid but is all about the money. GHW2 was as close as we got to a site for collectors without sponsorship but it is now overrun by the same crowd that do not have collectors interests at heart some being Mods on both sites making sure the 'gospel' according to dealers is followed. In short you will find it difficult to get any independent opinion that is not controlled. Many of these sites care little about the history any more, only the value?

Facebook is worse, its like the wild West!

Happy New Year!

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Like 1

I noticed several years back, the WAF " and they still do this today to different dealers" would light up when the all knowing OZ Detlev came out with a new release of goods. They would whip people up and the rush to buy something anything from this guy. He has since been some what disgraced and as you said his selling fakes was he made a mistake and many still flock to his stuff. The site also loves to pile on, they have this phony moral BS they push. But only when it serves themselves. Just like in my case, I say I bought an item at a sale to throw off the ones who will try to look it up and suddenly its a lie that has made them quake to their virtue signaling core. The item is a coaster silver plate marked der deutche hof. Its about 5 inches silver plate. I asked what is the value and is it real or fake. One genius wanted to know what the purpose of lying was for. WOW while e if I have to tell you I did not want to bring attention to something I can maybe pick up for 50 bucks without the competition I can not color it in crayon for them to understand any simpler. They then started to jump on and bid it higher. I have not bid because I was waiting for the auction to get with in one hour of the end. The WAF idiots now have it up to 180, They actually want to bid it up so I don't get it. LOL. At 180 I don't think there is much more room for value or it may even be a bit over value now. One has to pay an aditional 10 percent added on so the price as of now is at 200. I see pieces much bigger like tea post and other items for 200 to 400 and some even lower if they are small. So let them cut their own nose off to spite their face. 1.thumb.jpg.745948dd11a283ab0a37c67448222a25.jpg2.thumb.jpg.e8e7f25dd5f7328c72dc7afbaff7685c.jpg3.thumb.jpg.7d42fd0e55fcef07643a846b1ce66d27.jpg4.thumb.jpg.ef6dda44a42d650ae1718b0d48da2fe8.jpg5.thumb.jpg.527718e64c852ebcd9a27b52091ebf1d.jpgimg_axd.thumb.jpg.0d22cb6da3c80c7feb648b60181ce20a.jpg

Well looking at the pictures you have posted particularly the first one , you have saved yourself 50bucks and cost some lazy clown 200?

If you look at the wear on the clearly old coaster, none of that wear transmits to either the emblem or the dedication? Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Near miss!

Best

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Like 1

Thanks Rich. I posted it on the forum to get opinions but the engraving of letters looked funny. Like it was engraved not stamped. It does not look quit right to my eye. Glad I did not bid.

Wait till it is finished then post this up as a link if you want to get their backs up a bit!

Clowns!

Rich

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Richard Auld said:

Well looking at the pictures you have posted particularly the first one , you have saved yourself 50bucks and cost some lazy clown 200?

If you look at the wear on the clearly old coaster, none of that wear transmits to either the emblem or the dedication? Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Near miss!

Best

Rich

That swaz does jump out at you doesn't it! :)

Now the forum wants an apology to the whole forum because I said I bought it at a garage sale to stop people from looking for the auction. LOL, they can pound sand. I will be banned soon. Good riddance.

Edited by edteach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, edteach said:

Now the forum wants an apology to the whole forum because I said I bought it at a garage sale to stop people from looking for the auction. LOL, they can pound sand. I will be banned soon. Good reddens.

F-em, I just love it when they turn the story and make themselves the victims. I wonder if they are such ass's in person. Not all of course but a good majority. 

those of us who have been in this collecting arena for years have seen and known all types of crap. from lies about made up garbage sold as real to the clowns who sell the junk just for the money not even caring how they hunt a buyer. go to a famous show and you will have the clowns selling their fake unsavory rubbish to the less educated and the lies just pour out of their false faces. militaria collection has always been a cut throat business as far back to the 60's when my interest first started. you have to be careful!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, edteach said:

Now the forum wants an apology to the whole forum because I said I bought it at a garage sale to stop people from looking for the auction. LOL, they can pound sand. I will be banned soon. Good riddance.

Give them an apology! Being banned is a pain in the arse getting back on with new email IP etc. You need to be on there if only to see who is bent and what is new on copies. If you need an opinion couch the question differently, just ask politely, what do you think of this with no explanation. If you post a picture, change it to make it more difficult to reverse search. Create from a different computer/location a reserve ID that can be used. I started as jockauld, then I think Herr Flick then Dingerbell, and more I have been banned a lot. Keep a clean account for int purposes.

• Like 1