another little gem ww1

hanswolf1224

ran into this Hindie cross today and took it. i think its a good one but, i do not know the maker. any body know??

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

• Like 2

I am sure there is a 'focus' group about these on WAF with a list of makers. There are people that collect just them with the different makers.

Best

Rich

yes Richard, i have already seen the list and this one is on it. sure it is a good one.

Is this  'new' direction for you? I can keep my eyes open over here as they are still normally cheep and cheerful?

Rich

no Richard. i know they are still around and kind of common. i just wanted a couple of examples. this one makes two and good. even wound badges have the black and silver and that is enough. would like to get a numbered ring ww1 iron cross. been a long time collector over 50 years and will still take in wings and badges---- the small stuff. thanks for the offer!

• Like 1

OK, numbered or lettered WW1 EK2 are still to be found in quantity over here. To be honest I don't bother looking till I have one home so long as it is within budget, I like a surprise now and then. It also pays sometimes not to pay too much attention to ring stamps etc as this gives the seller the idea that they have 'gold' rather than a run of the mill cross, you know what I mean. Also if they point it out you are unlikely to be getting a bargain.

Best

Rich

the majority of these badges/medals were made in large quantities-- not rear at all. what i really like are the ww2 Luftwaffa badges maker marked. out of all the badges of all the branches they were the nicest.

• Like 1

Yes I know what you mean! They are fun and cheap. I always avoided the Lufty stuff as it was heavily copied as you know and Marine didn't float my boat so to speak and in the 80's was never that popular except U-Boat stuff. So I stuck with the Army as a focus but to be honest anything that was a good deal in terms of what I had in my wallet at any given time, the driving factor being lack of funds with a family to fund first. I still have most all of everything I collected. Now I have no room! That is why I am going for paperwork now, it is faked too but not to the same degree as pretty well everything else.