Can't wait to get back to work! Next project from the wife!

Richard Auld

Guys,

made a start today stripping back the very dry layered paper from the corridor/passage way.

It needs doing but it is a pain in the arse job as there are years of paint and paper.

Be glad to get back to work for some peace and quiet, she thinks I am 'malingering' now as I can walk!

Rich

CIMG8224.JPG

CIMG8227.JPG

CIMG8228.JPG

CIMG8233.JPG

CIMG8232.JPG

CIMG8231.JPG

CIMG8229.JPG

CIMG8225.JPG

CIMG8230.JPG

CIMG8226.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not a fun project, at least for me. Although glad to hear you are up and about under your own power. 

• Like 1

Thanks Mike, back to work after the 10th, but I missed my quarterly shooting test so I have to drive to Wilhelmshaven to shoot before I am able to return to work, should be 'battle worthy' by the 15th! I would like to have this project wrapped up by then, hopefully!

Best

Rich

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps a bit optimistic, working from top to bottom, just got to finish the coving at the top and rewire the other chandelier. Wifey will do the door frames tomorrow but she has very bad toothache at the moment and is going to the dentist. Then it is wallpaper and dido rail. Flooring is there and should be easy-peasy. Been delayed due to work and a lot of bleed through now sealed.

CIMG8245.JPG

CIMG8246.JPG

CIMG8283.JPG

CIMG8253.JPG

CIMG8272.JPG

CIMG8252.JPG

CIMG8284.JPG

CIMG8285.JPG

CIMG8287.JPG

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Getting there, touch up top to bottom. Make the dido rail, this will hide the paper join to the paint and I have about 8cm tolerance. Then lay the floor and Robert is your Mothers brother.

CIMG8295.JPG

CIMG8293.JPG

CIMG8288.JPG

CIMG8289.JPG

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Like 2

Thanks Bjorn, hope to smash out a bit more today before work tomorrow. Turning into a nightmare, I have to lift all the floor glue and leveler as it needs to be smooth for the 'click' vinyl.......Ahhhhhhh!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

Started picking at mine too. Now my beloved puss cat died,i can sort new flooring and carpets. She was 22 and things were getting grim.... It was puppy-pad central towards the end. Still miss the mogg,but it was her time i think.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Waffenamt said:

Started picking at mine too. Now my beloved puss cat died,i can sort new flooring and carpets. She was 22 and things were getting grim.... It was puppy-pad central towards the end. Still miss the mogg,but it was her time i think.

So sorry about your kitty @Waffenamt, 22 years is a good life, my Simba was 19 when he passed in 2014. he was my furry soul mate. I have 3 inside now.

• Upvote 1

Sorry about your cat but you have to reconcile that with 22 years, its a good innings, some people don't get that and a great home no doubt? I know it doesn't help with the pain but that is how I look at it, I miss my boys all the time.

• Upvote 2

Going to start the floor today, that fiddley bit was caused by a chimney breast. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

CIMG8299.JPG

CIMG8300.JPG

CIMG8303.JPG

CIMG8301.JPG

CIMG8298.JPG

• Like 1

Thats a grand job you have done there mate and i like the way the toy dog is seeing you get it right

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Done less for a bit of detail and picture hanging, we are going to hang pictures of the kids, grandkids and our pets over the years.

CIMG8305.JPG

CIMG8315.JPG

CIMG8313.JPG

CIMG8312.JPG

• Like 1

You have done  a grand job on that mate

Edited by Davejb

Thanks guys, glad its done ,next is the bathroom!

Rich

• Upvote 1