Panzer assault badge

Chris.chalmers2109

Could anyone point me in the right direction on if this is a fake or genuine panzer assault badge. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks ok from the back. I will dig out my book and see what i come up with.

• Like 1

From what I have read the talons covering the swastika indicate a fake but as it stands that is all I can find on it at the moment.

• Upvote 1

A friend of mine had a Heer flak/Artillery badge with the same talons and it was real so dont give up hope. Some of the Medal colletor members should chime in here. Heres another original with same talons.

Screenshot 2022-03-31 113420.png

I have looked at it a bit more and found an Adolf Scholze stamp on the rear so I will keep at the research. 

for those who are into nazi badges, many are highly reproduced and passed off as real. if you are going to buy and get into badges be careful and have seasoned collectors look at what you are interested in. this is one area where you can get SCREWED big time. original badges for the most part are in high relief (detail). i like them also but, the high prices and unsavory sellers are a turn off.

43 minutes ago, hanswolf1224 said:

for those who are into nazi badges, many are highly reproduced and passed off as real. if you are going to buy and get into badges be careful and have seasoned collectors look at what you are interested in. this is one area where you can get SCREWED big time. original badges for the most part are in high relief (detail). i like them also but, the high prices and unsavory sellers are a turn off.

Definitely I didn't pay much at all for this, the main reason I picked it up is I have never seen one at all.

Hi, can you do an all round shot of the catch at the bottom please?

This is from Niemanns, Credit Niemann. Very different style?

Best

Rich

CCI05042022.jpg

Chris, I am not keen, the other picture from above seems to show crimp marks that have no function? Bit like the other panzer that was recently posted? That is to say could be a cast copy from a die-struck badge, whether the die struck was /is original I am not sure but you have it in the hand and that is always better than any picture.

Best

Rich

Thanks I did not think it would be so difficult to see if it was genuine or not ? I do like coming across little treasures in a market as they all have a story to tell i suppose.