Identification please

Kernow69

If anyone can identify this badge I would appreciate it.

The shield appears to be that of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Is it likely to be an original? What was it issued for?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_6980a.JPG

IMG_6982a.JPG

See, thanks Stephen, upon reflection, is this similar to the QDG, I only ask as I had a few exercises with them as they were our 'Formation Recce' back in the day!!!!

Best

Rich

14 hours ago, Richard Auld said:

See, thanks Stephen, upon reflection, is this similar to the QDG, I only ask as I had a few exercises with them as they were our 'Formation Recce' back in the day!!!!

Best

Rich

Rich

I am not sure about the King and Queen part of the name because some of these King/Queen Regiments names are determined by the gender of the monarch...but some aren't! I suggest you google for more details. 

Steve

I've had a closer look at the badge. I now believe it's 1st The Queens Dragoon Guards!

14 hours ago, Richard Auld said:

Best

Rich

Rich

Cheeky question: when was 'back in the day'? I used to work (civilian job) 1980s-1990s with a chap who had been 1stQDG in the early 1970s. I don't know when the chap left the QDG but he attended the Royal Wedding between Mark Phillips and Princess Anne as he was 'batman' to Mark Phillips!

Steve

Steve, my service dates were 1984 until 2008. QDG were stationed in Wolfenbüttel back then 1986/7.

Best

Rich 

10 hours ago, Richard Auld said:

Steve, my service dates were 1984 until 2008. QDG were stationed in Wolfenbüttel back then 1986/7.

Best

Rich 

....in which case you would not have known Royston. 

Best regards and thanks for reply

Steve

• Like 1