WW2 Watch fob and EK2 key watch chain

edteach

Seller is asking 200 for this. I asked a few collectors about the cross and they said it was an original very good condition. The watch fob makes me think it may be military also. The oak leaves and acorn and the way the metal loops are made remind me of the Luft dagger first model chain. The DGRM on the watch protectors case. Have you guys ever seen one like this?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have never seen one like it before, but it is a very nice item

Edited by Davejb

The cross looks like it was a parade mount maybe because of the small jump ring? But the cross is a 23 from what I am told and I am going to remove the case guard and put on my ww2 pocket watch

Ed, 3 different items for me so back to the sum of the parts. While it is ascetically pleasing I doubt the case maker matches the chain maker, I have highlighted that in the picture. Also the Cross has lost its original ring and is attached by what looks like an identical ring that was part of the chain originally (like the one attaching the dangly thing)  so perhaps/likely something was removed to fit the cross. I have seen lots of these sort of things but most date from between the wars and sport WW1 awards? I guess if you add it all up and you are happy then fine. I would try the vendor at 120 and meet at 150 because both the chain and cross are 'damaged', the case is nothing out of the ordinary.

Best

Rich

chain..jpg