Diecast Models

Todd A. Raffensperger

Some of the 1/72 and 1/43 diecast models that are on the market today are more detailed and exquisite than ever.  Just like this 1/72 Messerschmidt Bf110 from HobbyMaster

DSCN0094.JPG

DSCN0091.JPG

DSCN0093.JPG

DSCN0090.JPG

• Upvote 3

Very nice model, die cast are always pretty good in detail and painted well, I,ve just ordered a Dambusters Lancaster from a TV add, £14.99, reduced to £1.99 incl P&P with small portrait and info and artwork box, will have to see how good it is.

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Love the detail in that Me110, nothing like we had when I was into modelling aircraft and tanks years ago...

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Die cast! Blimey,ive made plenty of plastic 1:72 scale ones many moons ago..

• Upvote 2

I,m still making them and its driving the wife mad, every time she clears a space on the table another model just appears, I cant understand it, I,ve got the Heinkel 1/32nd part made and a 1/72nd Mustang part made sitting on the living room table at the moment, Little does she know that An Airfix 1/24th Stuka will be joining them shortly, does anyone have the address of a good solicitor!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

You have some extremely good model shops out in the States, with a wide diversity of choice, I remember many years ago seeing a large scale possibly 1/24th Mustang , but the whole thing was transparent, you could see all the internal workings in the wings, fuselage, cockpit, engine bay, I think it might have been made by Monogram, My friends dad had the second largest collection of model kits in the world, and he was always being commissioned to make models for magazines, private collections etc, even kits from America were sent to him, Not only his house was packed with models made and unmade but he had an old small aircraft, maintenance hanger with hundreds of other kits.I doubt very much if he was ever to finish making them before he died but I do know his son carried on the business, To see his models was a real treat for us kids and thats where I got my enthusiasm from, and he and my dad taught me how to make them, in fact I,m pretty sure his house was where I saw the Mustang

I have lots of newray plastic models, they're mostly 1:72 scale and have a good amount of quality too. All aircraft have retracting landing gear, and spinning props. Quite cheap as well, maybe something for you guys to check out?

Edited by Thomas Kuperus

Well today I received the "Dambusters die cast model, and its not bad at all, 8" wingspan, painted well, little metal guns and under slung bouncing bomb, comes complete with four photos, reference details, plus large pull out sheet with additional models available such as JU 188, Heinkel He 111, B17 Fortress, Wellington Bomber,and lastly a FW 200 Condor, which I,ve never seen in Die cast form before, all these are in 1:144th scale and really look the part, if anyones interested they can be obtained from  ATLAS editions www.atlas editions.co.uk

• 5 weeks later...