Soldbuch Warsaw Uprising- Key Player.

Here is a Soldbuch to a key player in Warsaw Uprising of 1944.  There are many great award entries.  He entered service in 1929 as an enlisted man, and worked his way to the highest NCO ranks by the start of the war.  In 1940, he was commissioned as a Leutnant.  He took part in the invasion of France, Norway, and Northern Soviet Union, where he won the Ehrenblattspange. After a serious wound in Leningrad, he was sent to become an instructor at the infantry school in Posen, Poland in 1943.  IT was at this school he had a rough time conforming to the politically correct atmosphere, which impacted his officer evaluations.  Despite this, he was a respected leader and was promoted to Major.  When the 1944 Warsaw Uprising erupted, he was sent along with his students to take part in crushing it.  He was on scene for the duration, earning the DKiG, CCCiS, and WBiG.  His fame came from his part in the uprising, however, his war did not end there.  After the collapse of Posen, he was transferred to the Western front where he fought the British, earning two tank destruction badges on the same day, in April of 1944.  Shortly thereafter, he surrendered.  After the war, he became a sales representative for a beer brewery.  He lived a long life, passing away in 1998.  Had he not been such a rebel in the garrison settings, I am sure that he would have gone a bit higher in the ranks.  

MaxSold.jpg

MaxSold1.jpg

MaxSold2.jpg

MaxSold3.jpg

MaxSold4.jpg

MaxSold5.jpg

MaxSold6.jpg

MaxSold7.jpg

MaxSold8.jpg

MaxSold9.jpg

MaxSold10.jpg

Maxsold11.jpg

MaxSold12.jpg

MaxSold13.jpg

MaxSold14.jpg

MaxSold15.jpg

MaxSold16.jpg

MaxSold17.jpg

MaxSold18.jpg

• Upvote 3

Fantastic!I've got plenty of these..if I only could read what on Earth it's written in them!

Thank you so much for your kind words.  I really had to pay out of the nose for this one.  It is worth it due to the fact he is a relative of mine.  

• 1 month later...

A very nice SB and I have seen it before! Very nice and very interesting!

These are for me the pinnacle of collecting! Owning a Soldbuch is owning a mans war history, and dechypering it is the addiction behind them!

I have had all sorts of rare ones, from bullet holes through them to KIA in the Zoo Bunker ( I will never sell it ;-) ) I collect Berlin 1945 items!