jeeeensy

Forgot about this one,, had it for years and never cleaned it,, was quite surprises how it came out,, a little bit of time a patience  9_9

P1020426.JPG

P1020427.JPG

P1020429.JPG

• Upvote 6

• Major General

Jeeeensy,tell us about the infamous story with the 'OXO' marked frag sleeves. I heard a story in the early days of collecting that they were not as they were supposed to be?....

On March 8, 2016 at 07:51, jeeeensy said:

Forgot about this one,, had it for years and never cleaned it,, was quite surprises how it came out,, a little bit of time a patience  9_9

Thanks for sharing those pics, I've only seen repros over here. Are there any markings that one should look for to establish authenticity (outside of obvious aging, which probably can be faked)?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Hi  yes there is,, brb is the name you'll need to look for,, also the  type of manufacture...  ill make a load of picc's and post later on  all about theses and fakes.

• Upvote 3

Thanks, that would be really helpful (for all of us). 

Maybe the mods may see fit to create a reproduction / fakes folder so we could post al of the "buyer beware" info. I do purchase repros from time to time simply to be aware of what to look out for if I don't have the original yet (and don't have good references, i.e. book(s), actual examples, and so forth).

• Upvote 3

• Major General
18 minutes ago, Beldar said:

Thanks, that would be really helpful (for all of us). 

Maybe the mods may see fit to create a reproduction / fakes folder so we could post al of the "buyer beware" info. I do purchase repros from time to time simply to be aware of what to look out for if I don't have the original yet (and don't have good references, i.e. book(s), actual examples, and so forth).

Fair idea. See what the big cheese has to say?

• Upvote 1

Sounds like a good idea to me! I am a relative novice so any help appreciated. Been stung once but got help to sort it from Nick among others!

• Upvote 1

No worries I'll have free time over the next 2 weeks and will make decent piccs of the nicer ones I have.

Here a few more to look over while I sort the others out..

P1020450.JPG

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@jeeeensy You will have to bear with my ignorance as ordinance isn't my thing but could I ask,would these be for more Defensive use rather than Offensive,cheers H&J.

• Major General

Jeeeensy,waffy here still wants to know the story with the 'oxo' marked frags sleeves?

20 minutes ago, Timmymc said:

Sweet sleeves Jeeeansy!  Bergflaks site is very helpful with spotting the fakes, and the German WWII stick  grenade in general. It's hands down the best site of its kind!! 

http://www.bergflak.com/m24index.html

Great to see you over in MCN Timmy.

• Field Marshall

I'm gradually adding "Fakes & Fantasy" as the demand arises. Will add it here... :)

• Field Marshall

Ok, there's now a "Fakes & Fantasy" on the grenade forum. ;)

• Upvote 1