Legal or not?

Thomas Kuperus

Maybe it's an idea to start a forum for people to ask what items are illegal in which country, I wasn't sure where to post this idea as there isn't an idea box either ;)

We can't do that as we could be held accountable. Only persons qualified in the law of the country where the relic resides could sensibly pass judgement on legality.

The UK law is in depth and quite difficult to work through, but a good knowledge of what is and isn't legal is essential to a collector. Same goes for any other country but it is up to the individual to make themselves aware of the law. Remember that ignorance is no defence!]

Not an idea that we could run with I'm afraid. Far too many bear traps!

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall

As @Steve T says, it's a nightmare. However general information could be given in the relevant forum for the subject. As long as members realise we are not lawyers, you need to have official confirmation. ;)

• Upvote 1

To be honest I would pass on the idea, there are so many different municipal laws, Government Regulations , by-laws, its a minefield, local councils have there own rules in most countries, and they will differ from one area to another, In this country it can be straight forward one day then misty the next, it all depends on who is holding the rule books that day, Foreign countries differ so much with their rules on most subjects and thats not always passed down to the law enforcers either

• Upvote 1