Just a wee project in the garage

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Found on a British Car group, Spitfire project which is a bit different from what I was expecting on a car group.. ;)

spitfire.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Is that a Mk X1X Spitfire, four or five blades, and can I have it for my back garden

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/03/2016 at 02:02, Lenny said:

Found on a British Car group, Spitfire project which is a bit different from what I was expecting on a car group.. ;)

Good job he has a double garage!

• Upvote 2

Are you really contemplating restoring this?? I,m not 100% sure but I dont think Duxford or Hendon have one of these in their collection, I,m not sure anyone has, Personally I,d be tempted to contact Duxford test the waters there, see if theres any interest in their restoring it, they will have the resources and possibly spare parts to do this, Be terrific to see it fly again

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow that's definitely not a Triumph Spitfire....

Not that there is anything wrong with the car :)

D

Edited by DAK D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall
On 11/03/2016 at 23:26, Davejb said:

Are you really contemplating restoring this?? I,m not 100% sure but I dont think Duxford or Hendon have one of these in their collection, I,m not sure anyone has, Personally I,d be tempted to contact Duxford test the waters there, see if theres any interest in their restoring it, they will have the resources and possibly spare parts to do this, Be terrific to see it fly again

Just a random pic found on t'internet. I have neither the funds nor the space to restore a Spit. :|

Well I thought that handsome chap in the photo was you, just goes to show how wrong a person can be dont it!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I bet the wife is happy.

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I remember several years ago a guy built a complete Lancaster section from front turret to just behind the Navs position now that WAS impressive,I just had to make do with my old Scottish Aviation Twin Pin cockpit section :(.

image.jpeg

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@Lenny that's what I was talking about yesterday as maybe another little bit of uselessness I may have to acquire,hmmmm......we shall see.....lol. ;)

image.png

• Field Marshall

Definetly interesting... :o