Is this ordnance?

Blastcleaner

Hi, new member here. 
We bought an old house in East Sussex last year with 3 big holes in the woodland. I am convinced they are bomb holes, they don’t show on OS maps prior to 1930. We have found parts of what I believe are from a German incendiary bomb and a spent round (bullet) of 7.8mm used on the Focker Wolfe me109. We have found history of a raid in early 1943 in the immediate area by 3 FW 109’s. We also have a photo of the senior air raid wardens map showing some 7,000 plus high explosive bomb sites, one of which has the right configuration in about the right location. 92E17A04-566E-4B4D-AB45-64D3C1C71714.thumb.jpeg.b49aecb57afb272f68ea1b3cc5018de4.jpegAD3FBB59-17CC-4126-BC4B-6AED63D95E5D.thumb.jpeg.552d489bc72f0cbd727f0fd2ba3d1c2e.jpegSo when I found this I wondered if it could be a fuse of some kind? Could that be a percussion cap on the end?  It is all plastic I think but I have never seen anything like it. Anyone seen anything similar?

I will write up the whole story in due course if anyone is interested, and display all the finds (evidence).Thanks

Hi,

no idea but if you believe it might be it is better to let the experts handle suspected UXO?

Explosives become more unstable the older they are.

Good luck!

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Upvote 1