Anyone still here?

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Ok, I know I've not been on and I'm the boss... but anyone still here?

• Upvote 1

Me...but I have a very narrow range of interests so am more of an observer than participant.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall

Just can't seem to convince people to use this forum, quite disheartning...

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im here Lenny but seriously , I dont seem to get notifications, Tried to keep the group going, always donate but nothing seems to help. The whole field of collecting is starting to turn me off.

I too am still here - but not as often as I used to. I apologise for the on and off again see-saw. Once I retire in a couple years - time will be on my side......I hope. :)

Cheers everyone!

Rob

• Upvote 1

Only just joined and failed to see this string before asking a similarly related question concerning the state of health of the network. 

Having been collecting for many years now and, only just finding out about your network by accident. I would be absolutely devastated to find that I have been too late. 

Been reading some of the posts on the forums and this site definitely is required. Forums with like minded people; are for collectors like the AA are for alcoholics. Collecting is purely for the obsessive and no level of detail or breadth of knowledge can ever be too much. Military collecting is incredibly personal and there needs to be a plethora of sources available like yours. 

I am so excited that I cannot work out where to start with questions for anyone who is a collector of WW1 items.  

I was at the recent Detling Military Odyssey show and it certainly looked like collectors are still out there. I think that the Covid time drove a lot of collectors underground to internet only purchasing. I have certainly seen more people out and about in terms of meetings, fairs etc. 

So chin up and keep up the great work. 

Regards Camelspank aka Ben 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Camelspank said:

Only just joined and failed to see this string before asking a similarly related question concerning the state of health of the network. 

Having been collecting for many years now and, only just finding out about your network by accident. I would be absolutely devastated to find that I have been too late. 

Been reading some of the posts on the forums and this site definitely is required. Forums with like minded people; are for collectors like the AA are for alcoholics. Collecting is purely for the obsessive and no level of detail or breadth of knowledge can ever be too much. Military collecting is incredibly personal and there needs to be a plethora of sources available like yours. 

I am so excited that I cannot work out where to start with questions for anyone who is a collector of WW1 items.  

I was at the recent Detling Military Odyssey show and it certainly looked like collectors are still out there. I think that the Covid time drove a lot of collectors underground to internet only purchasing. I have certainly seen more people out and about in terms of meetings, fairs etc. 

Dont give up on us yet @Camelspank. The Spark is still there and members like you will help keep it lit!

Just seeing the responses here, gives me new life and hope. I have been off work and on disability since Feb. and may not ever get back to work again, so my collecting anything new has been slow and and may stop but the spirit never dies and I still have a lot of choice pieces in my collection. Especially my Tropical display. 

• Like 1

On 21/09/2023 at 07:39, Lenny said:

Just can't seem to convince people to use this forum, quite disheartning...

@Lenny Maybe time to reshare the "Donate" button again?

• Like 1

is the donation a set amount as a minimum or is it anything is better then nothing? 

• Field Marshall
On 01/10/2023 at 21:35, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

Im here Lenny but seriously , I dont seem to get notifications, Tried to keep the group going, always donate but nothing seems to help. The whole field of collecting is starting to turn me off.

It's quite disheartening, I don't know what the solution is....

On 03/10/2023 at 12:45, Camelspank said:

I suppose it just needs a few dedicated individuals to make it work...

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
On 06/10/2023 at 15:36, Camelspank said:

is the donation a set amount as a minimum or is it anything is better then nothing? 

I pay the hosting and software licence costs out of my own pocket, so any donation is greatfully accepted. ;)

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Ive been AWOL for ages! i do apologies. Hope all well?

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
16 hours ago, Waffenamt said:

Ive been AWOL for ages! i do apologies. Hope all well?

Same old same old... ;)