British Bomb Disposal training posters

Waffenamt

• Major General

Oh Wow!  I acquired these from the son of an RAF Bomb Disposal Officer a few years ago and have been meaning to get them framed.

After a bunker clearout last week,i found them and took them to said framers.

Got them back this morning.

Some have stains on where they were repaired years ago with sellotape,but i think it adds to the character?

Cant wait to get the place decorated,these are in the living room as ive no room left in the bunker!

Enjoy! :)

DSCF0245.JPG

DSCF0243.JPG

DSCF0244.JPG

DSCF0246.JPG

DSCF0247.JPG

DSCF0248.JPG

DSCF0249.JPG

DSCF0250.JPG

Edited by Waffenamt
typo as usual
  • Upvote 4

Oh I like these A LOT, and theres someone else who will be a little bit miffed that you have them

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Cheers Dave,it gets better. Just bought a collection this week and there are bits in it to complete an incendiary as featured on one of the posters.

• Upvote 1

Oh Gawd , dont let him see that , you,ll never hear the end of it

• Upvote 1

That "butter fly bomb" brings back some bad memories, but the incendiary is another matter, One of the coppers I worked with was sent to a local residential home for handicapped children. Some work was being carried out in the over grown garden and some new footings were being dug, They found something they did,nt like the look of, and so did the copper, It was a half buried German incendiary that was still intact. Instead of leaving it and calling for BDT, he grabbed it, pulled it out of the ground, walked all the way through the home with all the kids there and put it in the boot of the police car, then drove through a populated area brought it back to the station and logged it in and put it in the found property locker, right next to the main reception desk. Eventually someone realised what it could be and the station was evacuated and BDT was called, That copper was given a citation for bravery, he should have had his arse booted out,What made it even worse was that after my encounter with a live Mills bomb, I did,nt even get a thankyou, Very pissed off about that, even now, especially as this guy went on to be in charge of the firearms team, before being removed for dangerous behaviour and endangering other police officers, but I suspect it had something to do with his father being a Chief Superintendent in another force

• Upvote 4

• Major General

Ah!,The old 'Nepotism' eh bud.. Tell me about it

• Upvote 1

Dont get me started on the funny handshake brigade, been on the wrong end of that

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Fair do's matey,i can imagine that. :/

• Major General
2 hours ago, Davejb said:

Oh I like these A LOT, and theres someone else who will be a little bit miffed that you have them

2 hours ago, Davejb said:

Oh Gawd , dont let him see that , you,ll never hear the end of it

Go on Dave,is it a fellow member?

26 minutes ago, Waffenamt said:

Go on Dave,is it a fellow member?

Steve T comes to mind, he would love these on his wall

• Upvote 1

I just had a novel idea, get these put on an A3 plan printer and sell them for a tenner each, i reckon there would be a few buyers here and there, be worth the money and yours would be the originals worth a whole lot more, look how much copies are being sold for of wartime posters

• Upvote 1

• Major General
5 hours ago, Davejb said:

I just had a novel idea, get these put on an A3 plan printer and sell them for a tenner each, i reckon there would be a few buyers here and there, be worth the money and yours would be the originals worth a whole lot more, look how much copies are being sold for of wartime posters

Now there is an idea my friend,and i believe my old mucker jeeeensy made scans a few years ago... ;)

• Upvote 2

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@Waffenamt I would certainly be interested if this came to fruition,they look cracking framed up ;).That incendiary one is fantastic!.

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Field Marshall

I'd be interested as well, superb posters. :D You could sell them in the naafi. ;)

• Upvote 1

• Major General
1 hour ago, Lenny said:

I'd be interested as well, superb posters. :D You could sell them in the naafi. ;)

Lovely-Jubb... Up to mister @jeeeensy to find the old info on them. Im sure he has the original scan discs?

• Upvote 1

Thats ok Waff I wont patent the idea, not until you,ve made your first million anyway9_9

• Upvote 1

Oh....................my..........................goodness!!

Those are just totally AWESOME!

I was very VERY lucky a few years back to be given, at no charge, and big stack of papers from an old soldier who was in the RAOC. When the guy asked if I wanted the papers, he said there were a 'few bits'. What I got was all the soldiers exercise books and a huge pile of ORIGINAL RAOC lecture notes on everything from small arms ammo to grenades, mortars and artillery shells, as well as German ammo. Also in there were typed notes on fuzes, gaines, boosters.......the works!

I'll swap you scans of mine for scans of yours :)

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Oh ding dong Steve! :D  Aye,yer on. Will bug the Jeeensy.

Now that you two have started a bromance, I expect to be invited to the reception, See Waff I told you he would have a pink fit when he saw them, thats another pint he owes me, but I,ll get all the abuse , AS NORMAL, but if you had a full size poster of Harvey the Rabbit, there would be a shudder in his nether regions.By the way, I,m still waiting for my copies of those record books and instruction manuals!!!!

• Upvote 1