LW Blue Web Tropical Belt and Brotbeutel/Breadbag

Manu Della Valle

Rare LW tropical blue web belt with its original buckle!The buckle has a FP Nummer written on its tab but I cannot make out the number!It's a rare bird since it was made for a very short period between the first half of 1941 to the beginning of 1942!The Breadbag comes fromthe same area where it has been found a few years later!
Cheers
Manu

lwbelt (1).jpg

lwbelt (2).jpg

lwbelt (3).jpg

lwbelt (5).jpg

lwbelt (6).jpg

lwbelt (7).jpg

lwbelt (8).jpg

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 3

• Field Marshall

That's fantastic, and as a buckle collector, realise how mega rare it is.... Drool.... :o

The buckle?O.o
I know zip about buckles!:(

• Field Marshall

Well, buckle isn't rare, but the belt most definitely is... ;)

• Upvote 1

xDxDxD...I know that the belt it's extremely rare but  I thought you were talking about the buckle :D

Hi Manu,

Thanks for sharing your super LW tropical belt and it is definitely a very rare tropical item to find today.

The LW buckle looks good with the belt....

I love the LW tropical breadbag too. That is another rare item of kit indeed.

D

Hi DAK,

this set is extremely rare and the buckle came with it,even if it's not a tropical one,but you cannot have everything,can you?Pity we cannot make out the Feldpost nummer,else we could track down  a few interesting details!

Thank you for commenting,mate!

Cheers

Manu

• Upvote 1

A word of warning...many a tan web belt has been dyed blue by fakers!You can recognise them because you'll find the original colour were the dye hasn't reached the fibers!These belts can fetch crazy money and if you find one check it  VERY CAREFULLY before ponying up your hard-earned!

Cheers

Manu 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29 aprile 2016 at 20:38, dagodave said:

Wow that is super rare great set!

These belts are indeed quite rare Dave,as @Lenny has pointed out the buckle is quite common but it came with the belt and they've. Been together forever!

Cheers

Manu

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
18 hours ago, Manu Della Valle said:

These belts are indeed quite rare Dave,as @Lenny has pointed out the buckle is quite common but it came with the belt and they've. Been together forever!

Cheers

Manu

Thing is, often they were replaced war time. They weren't collectors items then, just something to hold equipment, as you know. ;)

Great buckle and belt, please remember to send it tracked when you post it... ;)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Thing is, often they were replaced war time. They weren't collectors items then, just something to hold equipment, as you know. ;)

Great buckle and belt, please remember to send it tracked when you post it... ;)

Absolutely!I must have a few LW tropical buckles somewhere but I'd NEVER swap buckles on this one!I've found many 400% UNTOUCHED canteens and mess kits with mismatched parts!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2016 at 01:59, Lenny said:

I've just been drooling over this again @Manu Della Valle, it really is a sweetie... :-O

Glad you like that,^_^@Lenny !

Edited by Manu Della Valle