1943 Springfield M1 Garand

Waffenamt66

This is my first m1 garand i picked up a few weeks ago. Made in May 1943 with an original 1943 springfield barrel, a Model 1905E1 (the shortened 10-inch or 254 mm for those who haven't been to the moon) bayonet and more enblocks than i could count at the time (110). A solid 2 on the muzzle gauge and a 3 on the throat gauge which is a lot better than i expected for a 1943 barrel. Top handguards are walnut and the stock is birch so if you have a walnut stock with a springfield cartuche im currently in the market. Shoots pretty awesome for a rifle decades older than i and i could agree with Patton more about his quote of this rifle. More pictures will be added when i get home but these are when i first picked it up. Very dirty and almost no grease where it needed to be. Thank you for reading and i hope you enjoy. 

Cheers, Tyler FB_IMG_1456699009233.thumb.jpg.efb591ec9

FB_IMG_1456698816756.jpg

FB_IMG_1456698938670.jpg

• Upvote 1

Beautiful!Mine is a late-War Springfield with a 1953-dated barrel,early rear sight and later trigger-guard...but I also have an early milled guard but I never come around to fit that!

It drives tacks,in fact with a dedicated reload it groups two clips into a tangerine from the rest...these oldies shoots incredibly well!

Cheers

Manu

Edited by Manu Della Valle

I have 2 Garands. Honestly I no idea what the manufactures are, or the dates. I just know they are great hunt with. Back when I hunted. Now these sit in my cabinet along with my other firearms. Rather sad really as we all know... a firearm is most happy when making noise. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, pylon1357 said:

... a firearm is most happy when making noise. 

Amen to that,mate!