Are there any Military History Masters or Doctorate holders here

PaulR

Good day,

For the sake of networking, I am wondering if there are any members here that hold an advanced degree in Military History?  I am working on my MH MA and am looking to network with others, as well as discuss educational experiences and options.  One thing- is it worth it to obtain a Ph.D. these days, from an investment/payout ratio?  What is involved with obtaining a Ph.D.?  I know the universities that offer these degrees, but they do not talk much about these micro-level questions. 

Regards

Paul

Edited by PaulR

Hi Paul, well all I can say is good luck to you, its good to see that anyone puts in the time and effort to better themselves, I dont know whats involved with obtaining a Ph.D nor what opportunities there are to actually be able to use it, other than in Colleges or Universities or be able to front seminars,and thats if there are places available. Having letters after your name can only be a good thing, I have letters after my name(and its not the ones that Lenny ,Waffenamt, or Steve T would call me), but mine were obtained through advanced sales and retail courses. My Father had letters also via the Board of Trade here in the UK, but we did,nt have to pay for them therefore the cost of such was not known to us. What career offers would be open to you, Do these universities who provide the qualifications give post exam continued support. Is it worth it? that really is only something that you as an individual can answer with the amount of money you intend to invest in it. I daresay there are hundreds if not a few thousand Military Historians with the degrees and Ph.D s, all over the world, and at most a couple of hundred who have established themselves as known names in the Military community. I dont know if there are any members here who have those qualifications but if there are they will be able to offer better advice. I hope you are able to make an informed decision soon.

Edited by Davejb
Alterations