Signal / Electronic Equipment Subforum

Beldar

I'd like to see a sub-forum specifically for commo / electronic gear related to the hobby, such as radios, night vision, etc. I have a bunch of gear I'd like to photograph, but they're across the spectrum as far as country of origin and use, and might fall in better if there is some sort of subject filter.

_B

• Field Marshall

Sounds fair, maybe as a sub section of field equipment @Beldar? Not sure how busy it would be?

Not sure either, this group seems to be TR centric. There are more than quite a few folks who not only collect but operate green radios/equip and vehicles. I think the re-enactors and those with technical backgrounds tend to fall into that group.

Besides, it would force me to figure out this new-fangled digital photography business_I've been a 35mm & large format guy myself in the past.

• Major General

Not the old TR-based forum guff again?

how much do we need to do to emphasise that this forum is for EVERY form of militaria, not just one specific area?

maybe Lenny will create a sub forum for this type of gear if you ask him nicely....:)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

Not the old TR-based forum guff again?

how much do we need to do to emphasise that this forum is for EVERY form of militaria, not just one specific area?

maybe Lenny will create a sub forum for this type of gear if you ask him nicely....:)

Sorry, I thought I did, that's why I posed the q in the 1st place.

Sorry to offend you. Bye.

• Major General

Err....you haven't offended me, I'm thicker-skinned than thatO.o.

just shudder every time someone gets paranoid about the TR thing, this site's about much much more than that....

• Field Marshall

Hi @Beldar, apologies for the delay, been a bit hectic with work.

I'll create a forum for it, how would you describe it, title and sub-heading??

• Field Marshall

There you go @Beldar

http://www.militariacollectors.network/forums/forum/101-electrical-electronic-warfare/

Oh, and as @Bil4338 says, it's not a TR forum. The thing is, the majority of collectors collect TR, so it tends to be talked about a lot. It's easy to solve that, other members need to post about non-TR topics. ;)

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

sorry to sound like a complete plonker.

but what is "TR"? I know I'm going to kick my self when you tell me

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Third Riech @Martinf,and also getting worried now thats @Lenny is awarding Knights crosses and such,can us allies have VC,DCM,MMs and such lol  ;).

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Major General

Or even Third REICH...just to be pedantic! Lol ;-) 

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

I'm still testing the awards, more to follow.. ;)

• Field Marshall

@Beldar, nobody had posted in the forum you requested, electrical/electronic warfare, so I dropped it. Sorry...

TR collecting is the dark side. At one time I was after a nice plain and simple German Army helmet. WOW apparently there is no such thing. I have since given up and decided to just stick with my Canadian stuff.  

• Upvote 1

• Major General
20 hours ago, pylon1357 said:

At one time I was after a nice plain and simple German Army helmet. WOW apparently there is no such thing. 

Well, there is...its just that the TR snobs want their lids to be special...or very special...or extra special...

• Field Marshall
1 hour ago, Bil4338 said:

Well, there is...its just that the TR snobs want their lids to be special...or very special...or extra special...

... and cammoed special. ;)

• Upvote 1

• Major General
18 hours ago, Lenny said:

... and cammoed special. ;)

...those come under 'extra special'!!O.o

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2016 at 20:07, Bil4338 said:

...those come under 'extra special'!!O.o

Very EXTRA Special" !
I'm 101% into WH and LW stuff and so do the vast majority of members here and on other fora (sorry guys but being "forum" a latin word I use the right plural even if it's been anglicized! ^_^ ) but that doesn't mean that other Axis or Allied uniforms would be less appreciated,in fact it's good to collect German/Italian/Japanese/French/Commomwealth/US uniforms and stuff but it's even nicer to see what the others used when fighting against your favourite "team"!
Me,I LOVE WW2 Commonwealth uniforms (Mainly Canadian ones, of course ;)) and I particularly like @Mark K 's collection of lids!
That said I've got a few radios,telephones etc but,truth be told,photographing them in detail and see no interest whatsoever would be sorta frustrating,even if we're here to share and NOT to show off!I've posted 49 threads on items from my collection so far and I'll post more but it's sad to see that the ones really interested in the stuff are the "usual suspects",and that goes for EVERY facet of the hobby here;a part a couple of very popular items, the rest gets a few replies if any at all!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 2

I will agree that for the most part a majority of the forums that I visit seem to have a strong following of TR collectors ...But the Commonwealth side of collecting has been steadily picking up momentum over the last few years and those items that were once common in the market place are now becoming scarce ,desirable and some down right pricey as per example when I started collecting Canadian WW II era helmets years ago there was very little interest and at any given time you could find dozens for sale in the market place averaging no more than $30-$50 Cdn that has changed in the last few years with the average price now being closer to triple that figure for just a average helmet that the soldier in the field would have been issued...I had the for site to buy just about every unmessed with original example I came upon well knowing that there were only just over one million war time produced..The only way that we can break the stigma that the forum is TR only and not a multi military venue is to keep posting educational and informative threads in the other sections of the forum which in turn will draw in other members that share the same interests as new members will see that there is a good knowledge base that is represented by a strong membership that comments and or shows appreciation for what they have shared..IMO one of the biggest forum killers is the unanswered thread this rings especially true with new members if know one comments why would I want to keep posting there..So yes I do appreciate the frustration of having few replies to one's posts Manny 

• Upvote 1