Black Watch Museum

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Black Watch Museum Gallery

I've created a gallery of pics from the Black Watch Museum in Perth, Scotland. I have ot be honest and say I was a bit disappointed. It just wasn't what I was expecting, just not that much to see and the shop was full of naff gifts. :(

Ah the Black Watch, the wifes cousin was in it for many years, looked very smart in full "watch" uniform. But I drew the line when she wanted me to wear a kilt for one of her relations weddings, she wore her Anderson Tartan, I was happy with my suit

• Upvote 1

On 28 March 2016 at 22:49, Lenny said:

Black Watch Museum Gallery

I've created a gallery of pics from the Black Watch Museum in Perth, Scotland. I have ot be honest and say I was a bit disappointed. It just wasn't what I was expecting, just not that much to see and the shop was full of naff gifts. :(

Sorry to hear that @Lenny...one of the few Military Museums in Scotland I've still to visit. Keep passing it when Im in that neck of the woods but have never gotten in........My Uncle was a Coy. Sgt. Major in the Black Watch during WW2, attached to the Chindits in Burma. Not taking much from the review though so maybe I won't rush.......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
2 minutes ago, Libertesoe said:

Sorry to hear that Lenny...one of the few Military Museums in Scotland I've still to visit. Keep passing it when Im in that neck of the woods but have never gotten in........My Uncle was a Coy. Sgt. Major in the Black Watch during WW2, attached to the Chindits in Burma. Not taking much from the review though so maybe I won't rush.......

It's ok to spend an hour in, but I was disappointed. I wouldn't drive all the way to Perth just to visit, luckily I was working there and passing.

Just now, Lenny said:

It's ok to spend an hour in, but I was disappointed. I wouldn't drive all the way to Perth just to visit, luckily I was working there and passing.

Thought you might have been PASSING BY....old habits die hard;)

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

Lenny,

your link to the gallery is not working. comes up with the 'don't tell them where it is Pike' page.

I am interested to see what they have as that was our Battle Group that we (J Sidi Rezegh Bty, 3 RHA) supported in 2003.

Cheers

Rich

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Lenny, if you notice this, I am still interested in my old Battle Group!

Best

Rich

• Like 1