Jump to content
Lenny

Black Watch Museum

Recommended Posts

Lenny
Staff

Black Watch Museum Gallery

I've created a gallery of pics from the Black Watch Museum in Perth, Scotland. I have ot be honest and say I was a bit disappointed. It just wasn't what I was expecting, just not that much to see and the shop was full of naff gifts. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davejb
Moderator

Ah the Black Watch, the wifes cousin was in it for many years, looked very smart in full "watch" uniform. But I drew the line when she wanted me to wear a kilt for one of her relations weddings, she wore her Anderson Tartan, I was happy with my suit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Libertesoe
Moderator
On 28 March 2016 at 22:49, Lenny said:

Black Watch Museum Gallery

I've created a gallery of pics from the Black Watch Museum in Perth, Scotland. I have ot be honest and say I was a bit disappointed. It just wasn't what I was expecting, just not that much to see and the shop was full of naff gifts. :(

Sorry to hear that @Lenny...one of the few Military Museums in Scotland I've still to visit. Keep passing it when Im in that neck of the woods but have never gotten in........My Uncle was a Coy. Sgt. Major in the Black Watch during WW2, attached to the Chindits in Burma. Not taking much from the review though so maybe I won't rush.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lenny
Staff
2 minutes ago, Libertesoe said:

Sorry to hear that Lenny...one of the few Military Museums in Scotland I've still to visit. Keep passing it when Im in that neck of the woods but have never gotten in........My Uncle was a Coy. Sgt. Major in the Black Watch during WW2, attached to the Chindits in Burma. Not taking much from the review though so maybe I won't rush.......

It's ok to spend an hour in, but I was disappointed. I wouldn't drive all the way to Perth just to visit, luckily I was working there and passing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Libertesoe
Moderator
Just now, Lenny said:

It's ok to spend an hour in, but I was disappointed. I wouldn't drive all the way to Perth just to visit, luckily I was working there and passing.

Thought you might have been PASSING BY....old habits die hard;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richard Auld

Lenny,

your link to the gallery is not working. comes up with the 'don't tell them where it is Pike' page.

I am interested to see what they have as that was our Battle Group that we (J Sidi Rezegh Bty, 3 RHA) supported in 2003.

Cheers

Rich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
val
Moderator

I'd also like to see that photo set.

@Lenny, care to restore the gallery? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...