All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Desert Rat

Next Box!

Very Nice, superb Selection Rich, Maybe better if you want to sell them either singly or a pair? Great items though and many thanks for showing us on MCN. Best to you.......Desert Rat/ Ian
  3. Richard Auld

Next Box!

Guys, Not sure how to display these, I was thinking of something similar to the water bottles on a long wire but obviousley these are heavier?! Rich
  4. Yesterday
  5. Richard Auld

Russian Spy thing?

Ah Ha, That makes sense. As you know not really my area. Cheers Rich
  6. Hello Val, I hope all is well with you, thanks for the links to the enigma machine, very interesting. I think we would all love to find an original...but if we had the money! Best to you....Ian/ Desert Rat
  7. Desert Rat

Boer War Carboot Buy.

Hello Norrie, I meant to say....Have a good relaxing Bank holiday weekend, get out to those boot fairs and find some more....Fantastic items! Best wishes.....Ian/ Desert Rat
  8. val

Russian Spy thing?

@Richard Auld It's military stuff, but no spy stuff. It was used with military radio stations to record conversations, orders etc. That microphone is probably for taping telephone conversations, attachment to the phone handset.
  9. Richard Auld

Russian Spy thing?

No Idea Val! Its just something Russiian, I can't remember if I bought or got it in a swap. It is not very portable in todays terms at about 7 or 8 Kg LOL. There is what looks like a covert mic with it but I suppose that is just part of the inventory. Rich
  10. val

Russian Spy thing?

Not a spy thing, just a portative dictaphone. http://www.rw6ase.narod.ru/00/mg_katp/p180m.html
  11. Funksammler

Panzer radio and intercom setup

Yep, full working order! regards, Funksammler
  12. kriegsfunker

Russian Spy thing?

Very cool set. Soviet post-war tech is interesting because a lot of it was copied from the Germans, but there is some really cool looking equipment that they made.
  13. Last week
  14. kriegsfunker

Is everything in working condition?
  15. Richard Auld

Russian Spy thing?

Guys, My Russian spy thing, for eaves dropping and such like. One of the tapes is used with a pencil note(see pic). Not as good as our stuff of the day? Rich
  16. https://www.hermann-historica.de/de/auctions/lot/id/13004 http://scienceblogs.de/klausis-krypto-kolumne/2019/05/21/rare-ww2-encryption-machine-up-for-auction/
  17. kriegsfunker

Very nice setup. The slip ring was a rarety I only saw once at the Littlefield collection. He was able to procure one in its original box. I'm sure no one bothered to remove them from scrap tanks after the war, and they were smelted together with the rest of the tank. Here are the pics I took from the one installed in that Panther:
  18. Desert Rat

Boer War Carboot Buy.

Well Done Norrie, You have the top slot at last....good on you!!!! Best wishes.....Ian/ Desert Rat
  19. Funksammler

Only the "Schleifringübertrager" is missing unfortunately. It will eventually evolve into a full Panther A setup. I have a complete and original "Antennekabel p", it is rather set in its shape after being coiled up for 75+ years and I have some worries about damaging it by uncoiling it. The late war coax cable has a soft silicon type insulation which can short out if not handled carefully.... regards, Funksammler
  20. kriegsfunker

Great job FS. Looks like you have all the pieces, and created a nice display. This looks like the Panther layout. Do you have the antenna matching boxes also? Are you plugging the speaker into the Bosch receptacle?
  21. Desert Rat

Hello Funks, I must commend you on such a well set-up radio etc, it looks fantastic, clean tidy and a perfect display.....Well Done!!! Best wishes.....Desert Rat/ Ian
  22. Richard Auld

56mm Shell case today, no idea!

For the sake of completeness! FFE!
  23. My Fu2/5 setup was quite messy, so I decided I build a few display boards to demo the Panzer radio setup for an impending exhibition. Makes it a bit easier to transport, set up and demonstrate. Unfortunately not a lot to hear on 10m VHF at the moment but at least I can demonstrate the intercom. Only missing the "Scheifringübertrager"... regards, Funksammler
  24. Richard Auld

Boer War Carboot Buy.

I love all hand crafted items like this and trench art etc, think of the time it would have taken! Most of these things are under valued for what they are. Rich
  25. The voltmeter which I so stupidly damaged has been repaired by a friend of mine. He also provided the correct series resistor for the Anode voltage measurement.
  26. Norrie

Boer War Carboot Buy.

Thanks Ian....I have a few Boer War items, and books ,but this ( to me) is lovely...:)
  27. Desert Rat

Boer War Carboot Buy.

Hello Norrie, What a fantastic example of this type of weaving etc, beautiful made, lovely rare item.....You Luck Man to find this and I congratulate you on such a wonderful find..!!! Very Best Wishes...Ian/ Desert Rat
  1. Load more activity