Brothers in arms

Marc hun

Sunday morning started at 0430hrs with an ambulance at my 90 year old neighbors house myself and the wife rushed around to see if we could help with anything however Ray had died of a heart attack the wife looked after Joan his wife .

the reason I post this here is to remember him a veteran of the Second World War he was not a hero or have a chest full of medals but he was one of the many that fought for our freedoms.

so I would ask you to take two minutes out of your busy lives to remember one of the many who get fewer every day

• Upvote 6

Awful news mate, I heard a stat that 500 WW2 Vets die a day. Greatest Generation 

• Upvote 2

Guest Fred Karno's Army
2 hours ago, Marc hun said:

Sunday morning started at 0430hrs with an ambulance at my 90 year old neighbors house myself and the wife rushed around to see if we could help with anything however Ray had died of a heart attack the wife looked after Joan his wife .

the reason I post this here is to remember him a veteran of the Second World War he was not a hero or have a chest full of medals but he was one of the many that fought for our freedoms.

so I would ask you to take two minutes out of your busy lives to remember one of the many who get fewer every day

@Marc hun condolences mate send me your PayPal details I would like to throw a £5 in towards some flowers,if you would be willing to purchase some for the funeral on our behalf I am sure maybe some other MCN guys maybe up for throwing a £5 in too the very least We can do.

A generation lost,but forever in our thoughts,and we should be forever greatful men and women like him did and still do take a stand against tryranny,in whatever role,either on the home front or on the front line.

@Lenny is this okay,would other MCN members be willing to donate?

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Hear hear, I'll chuck in a fiver as well, get a nice bunch of flowers from us at the MCN.

Harvey

Isn't there a minimum amount that you have to get to to be able to transfer money through bank or Paypal @Ham & Jam

Guest Fred Karno's Army
4 minutes ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

Isn't there a minimum amount that you have to get to to be able to transfer money through bank or Paypal @Ham & Jam

Not as far as I am aware sent as friends and family it's free.

• Field Marshall

Great idea, I'm up for that, how shall we organise it?

@Marc hun can you write a paragraph, some background, pic of possible and I can advertise it here and maybe FB? maybe donate to flowers and veteran charity????

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Marc hun said:

Definitely sad and so very true!

• Upvote 1

No need for you boys to put in I have already arranged the flowers they will say brothers in arms I thought it would be fitting but thanks for caring if you still wish to donate something make a donation to combat stress or a military charity of your choice but thanks for caring

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

My bank has a minimum of $10.00 for and EMT or electronic money transfer. 

I was a member of the Irish Regiment of Canada Veterans Association (Toronto). Due to decreased number in our ranks, we stood down as of December 31, 2015 and transferred our assets to the 2nd Battalion Irish Regiment of Canada (Sudbury) It was a sad day for sure. I was alone last Remembrance Day at the National Cenotaph in Ottawa. Over the last few years we lost so many of our members. Truly an era has come to an end. 

• Upvote 1

when I was a kid WW2 veterans were a dime a dozen here in the States. I looked to every one of them, no matter what branch...they were all John Waynes in my book and still are, no matter what nationality...

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday was Ray's funeral it was a dignified affair and I am pleased to say the vicar mentioned his war service.

the flowers where beautiful and a collection was taken and Joan his wife is donating it to help for heroes.

i told Joan of your best wishes and she was grateful for your thoughts and prayers you all made a hard day for her a little easier.

her thanks and my thanks to you all

• Upvote 4

I've read this only now.... HAND SALUTE and Goodspeed Ray! :(

• Upvote 1