RZM TAGS

stomperstevenson

This is gonna open a can of worms I'm sure, but let's have your opinions on non RZM tagged uniforms and equipment. IMO, we would all like to have everything we have collected to have an RZM tag but the reality is, that many families could not afford to buy these tagged items and would have "made do" with civilian clothing that looked the part or utilised hand me downs from older brothers/sisters. Of the many group or individual period photographs available to analyse, there are as many HJ/BDM variations as there are regulations and rules. So, if like me, you have a mixture of RZM tagged and non RZM tagged pieces, I wouldn't worry about it, as long as they are "of the period" and look right, they are right. THOUGHTS PLEASE!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

the HJ was on the go for 12 years before the RZM mate ;)

alot forget that ;)

that said , non RZM HJ stuff doesnt bring a premium like the regulation stuff , always remember that one when buying ;)

Edited by HJ-Collector
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's never really bothered me as long as the item is period,

its nice to see on clothing even though my kletter hasn't one, but on the insignia I prefer worn items over minty , sounds odd but traces of a rzm label on a worn item I prefer to a full label on a minty, 

horses for courses as they say 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

Hello Stomper,

Sorry I am last in spotting this, but thanks for you enlightenment on the RZM....business!

It helps us al!

Best Wishes ...Desert Rat

• 5 months later...

Stomper, My Mother in Law was a BDM Madchen. She told me that her family couldn’t afford the “Official” Party uniforms so she wore a long dark blue skirt and white short sleeve shirt and simply sewed the badges onto it. She also said she wasn’t alone in doing this and that many of the other BDM girls in Oberursel/Tanus, just North of Frankfurt am Main, wore civilian clothing (due to the expense of the BDM uniform) that resembled the official BDM uniform. Evidently the local area BDM Leadership allowed this as she didn’t mention any repercussions. She also admitted that when they stood in ranks and gave the “Hitler Salute” she usually rested her arm on the shoulder of the BDM girl in front of her. Also she related her experiences being strafed by Ami (American) Jabos (Fighters) when helping harvest crops in the fields. She never mentioned casualties so I had the impression that the pilots were just messing with the farm workers not actually trying to hit them. Tschuss. Schorch.

• Thanks 1

Hello Georg,

Thanks for the account of your Mother -in-Law, very interesting

Best to you....Desert Rat