WE'VE LEFT THE EU!

HetzersGonnaHetz

I'm fully expecting our economy to nose dive.:(

And probably no more cheap militaria from Europe for a good while.:(:(

Upside is now when we cock up we can't blame Europe anymore.:)

• Upvote 2

The people have spoken, so our government and the EU must listen now.

D

WINSTON_CHURCHILL_2196775a.jpg

• Upvote 2

I don't think Britain's economy will nosedive!I hope and pray other Countries will follow...Fr-exit,Ex-It.Gr-exit,fill-the-blank-spaces-Exit aso!
You've been a cold shower to Angelolfina Merkitler and her F                            U                               C                                 K                            I
N                                 G "Fourth Reich"!A few days ago "they" tried to threaten and blackmail you into remaining but they've failed!
Cheers
Manu

Edited by Manu Della Valle

Oh.....you'd have bought my stuff a few days ago......tongue firmly in cheek,eh!xD

• Major General

Im shitting bricks... Another recession and its all over for me as a small business.

• Upvote 1

I do wish you all the best of luck. Honestly, as a Canadian, I really don't have a clue what this vote will mean to the U.K. For that matter, I don't know what it will mean for the rest of the E.U. either. 

It looked to me as if the Pound took a bit of down turn, But I am sure it is only a knee jerk reaction. Again, to everyone in the U.K. best of luck in the future, I do hope everything works out in your favour. 

• Upvote 3

I dont like talking politics of any description, in my opinion ,once a government gets into power, everything changes, their promises go out the window and their excuses are never ending as to why they cant do as they promised. Dont get me wrong, I sympathise with anyone who have fears over their livelihood when in business and something happens that changes their prospects, but at the moment everything is up in the air, and this tidal wave of fear and negativity is expected. Now I,m not one of these people who say we should of stayed in or come out, either way, but I felt that after everything that Great Britain had achieved post war and , forget about this immigration issue, because I think that had clouded too many peoples views, We as a nation let ourselves down by allowing other governments and EU policies to dictate to its EU members what we can and cant do ,and holding us to a sort of ransom. Great Britain was involved in freeing these so called occupied countries, and ending the tyranny of one aggressor, then all of a sudden they become the voice of the English peoples, and in particular the one country we helped to defeat, and why,,, because we ploughed billions of pounds into these countries to help them get started again, and after all that we become political puppets, our own economy suffers, our trade agreements are policed by other nations, our food industry suffers, our fishing fleets become stagnant and we,re told you can only fish in certain areas, even though we,re an Island nation and have always relied on our fishing industry to feed our own and other nations peoples. The pound dropped quite badly which was to be expected if we came out because it panicked bankers and the monetary market, but that happened before and has always levelled out after a few weeks, its knee jerk reactions at the moment. I think everyone should just take a step back , wait for a couple of weeks and see where this goes and what happens next. As for Cameron opting to go, to me thats like desertion in the face of adversity, and a baby throwing its rattle out of the buggy. I dont like him,never have, i dont think he was a strong leader and let everyone ride rough shod over him and us. These politicians seem to forget THEY work for us not the other way round, and tevsooner they realise that the better

• Upvote 7

You've put it perfectly Dave, all we did for the EU to do what they want, but yes, politics does make me sleepy sometimes ?

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Well said Davejb! Couldn't really put it better.knee-jerk reactions will always follow a momentous period such as this.I'm sure everything will settle down as the weeks go by.there are something like 198 countries on this earth.how many are in the EU? And how many get by well enough without the EU?

being ruled by unelected foreign mandarins has never sat well with me.now we're in charge of ourselves again.all we need to do now is make our own politicians accountable to us, the people who voted them in, and expect them to serve US for a change.surely this will give them all the gigantic kick up the arse they need and deserve.

only time will tell.....

• Upvote 5

Well as said before ,I dont like talking politics, but perhaps now  this will show these politicians that the British public have a voice, and will use it, despite their reluctance to serve the very people who elected them and ignore peoples wishes

Edited by Davejb
correction
  • Upvote 1

It's a pity that the picture of Churchill has been 'flipped' to a mirror image. Note the handkerchief peeking out on the right side of his jacket.

• Upvote 1

I have come to believe that this may be the biggest cock-up in British history, since Henry II "accidentally" ordered the death of Thomas Becket.

Edited by Todd A. Raffensperger

Todd if your going to quote British History then get it right, Henry did,nt "accidently" ORDER Beckets  death. He made a statement , which by the way has since been disputed and now transposed from a latin script from a cleric who was present. Four knights interpreted his words "wrongly" and on their own volition killed Becket,thinking they were acting on a Royal command and because of that they had to flee , they were excommunicated by the then reigning Pope, and they went to Rome to beg forgiveness, In order to do penance they were ordered to serve in the Holy land for fourteen years. And it was Henry who humbled himself at the burial place of Becket. In fact the young Henry used to live in Becket,s household and is quoted as saying that Becket showed him more fatherly love in one day, than his real father showed him in one year

• Upvote 1

"Accidentally" is probably not the best word to have used.  But after all, Henry II didn't intend to have Thomas Becket killed, did he?  He exclaimed his frustration with dealing with his former friend, and four of his knights took what he said the wrong way.  It was a "mistake;" perhaps that is a better word for it.

And I'm sorry if I did not "get it right."  I try to be accurate about the history that I talk about, but I make a mistake like any human being.

• Upvote 1

Here's a GOOD reason to leave the EC...the whole thing is in the hands of doofuses like this one (please listen to him and let me know WHAT the hell he's saying!

Edited by Manu Della Valle

• Major General

WTF!?!?

...but then my Italian is pretty basic...can barely string a sentence together...which is still more than most of my fellow countrymen can probably do, capice amico?:/:D

On June 24, 2016 at 01:22, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

image.jpeg

Now, how does the rest of the Commonwealth deal with this, or were the Commonwealth members part of the EU collectively, or by choice?

• Major General

The Commonwealth were not a part of the EU as they are independent of the UK.only England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are affected, as constituent parts of 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'.

18 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

WTF!?!?

...but then my Italian is pretty basic...can barely string a sentence together...which is still more than most of my fellow countrymen can probably do, capice amico?:/:D

I'm 120% sure that your Italian is much better than this a@@ho#e's English!xD

• Upvote 1