Jack Worsford Bomber Command.

Norrie

Hiya, My first love is WW2 RAF history, and along the way, I've had some stuff "donated" to me....I was recently sent this book, The Lancaster at War Vol 1, by a very good friend in Wales a few weeks ago, and literally this evening, when having a wee browse through it, came across this signature...had no clue who it was, so posted on a WW2 Research site I'm a member of, 5 minutes later, I had tons of info about the chap. Jack Worsford, Bomber Command, who sadly died in 2006. He was a tail gunner in a Lancaster during WW2 with 101 sqdn.

@Fred Karno's Army, has gifted me a mahoosive model of a Lanc, and once it has its refit, I'm going to re decal it as Jacks aircraft....:)

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-259830.html

lanc crew008.jpg

Edited by Norrie

• Major General

Superb stuff @Norrie! Some nice research to occupy your free time and be sure to post pics of the Lanc when it's finished!:P

15 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

Superb stuff @Norrie! Some nice research to occupy your free time and be sure to post pics of the Lanc when it's finished!:P

Thanks @Bil4338, Yep, tis too..I .love researching RAF stuff...I'll need plenty of time to do the Lanc...might be quicker to build a full size one... It's all there, just need plenty of patience...But, TBH, am quite excited about starting work on it...:)