Greetings from Bexhill

RoyalSussex1991

Hello everyone I have been collecting on and off for the past six years only now really getting into it. I collect a bit of everything from medals, bayonets, helmets and deactivated guns. Military history is in my blood as my Great Granddad fought at Passchendaele in 1917 and my grandad served onboard HMS Maidstone. 60 years later I joined the Air Training Corps surving with 2262 for eight years (four as a cadet and four as staff) I volunteer at the Redoubt Fortress in Eastbourne that houses the collections of the Royal Sussex regiment, Queen's Royal Irish Hussars and the Sussex Combind Services collection.

Here is a small part of my collection.

IMG_0547 (2).JPGIMG_0424.JPG

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall

Welcome aboard, really glad to have you here... Any problems give me a shout. ;)

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Welcome mate, hope you have a ball.

nice collection too...is the Bren a postwar MK.III ?

@Mav352 Are you aware that the Royal Sussex Museum is closing at the end of this year?

@Mav352 They will be placed into storage until a new home can be found. The reason why it is closing is that the building in which it is housed is riddled with damp and that as now started to affect the exhibits.

• Upvote 1

On 26/08/2016 at 22:05, Henri said:

Welcome @RoyalSussex1991

You will love this bunch of nutcases over here!
If not....learn to live with it!   :):):) 

What do you mean @Henri, I'm as sane as the next man..... who unfortunately  appears to be @Lenny.xDxD:$

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
On 31 August 2016 at 03:47, Mav352 said:

What do you mean @Henri, I'm as sane as the next man..... who unfortunately  appears to be @Lenny.xDxD:$

You're all gubbed then... ?

• Upvote 1