Latest updates...

Tech Support

• Field Marshall

Hi guys,

I've been working away, updating a lot of things on the forum. You won't notice a lot of changes but lots of things "under the hood" as it were.... ;)

Updates to the plugins and applications that run on the site, mainly subtle improvements and updates.

I've also changed the top menu, trying to make it more useable and logical. I'll do a video to explain that shortly... ;)

Any issues, just let me know...

• Upvote 6

I,m having trouble with having to keep signing in ,even though I have the remember me box ticked, its driving me mad

• Field Marshall

Sorry @Davejb and @Fred Karno's Army, I'm making major changes and that'll be causing it, sorry... 

Trust me, it'll be worth it. Installed a new content management system that will allow me to design new pages, not forum pages but actual features, with articles and reviews, proper big boy grown up web stuff. ;)

So, won't just be a discussion forum, but a fully featured resource website....

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I am glad @Davejb mentioned it first as I thought it was just me :$.You know what it's like UUP north trying to get the donkey to go round fast enough to power the electrickity thing e me Bob xD.

Youre commitment and service above and beyond have been noted @Tech Support

ARRRRRGH its happened again, I know I know, I,m an impatient bugger, I,ll wait until its fixed because I know its for the betterment of the forum. And I like the way Fred let me ask first just in case I,d look a complete Southern tart, thanks Fred!!!!

I have had to do a double long in each time, since I can remember. It is not really a nuisance for me. What drives me bloody bonkers was getting a pop up anounement for an important message that was not there. I was coming up each and every page I tried to look at. Whatever it was, it is gone now. 

• Field Marshall

Are you guys staying logged in, or are you logging out yourself?

Hoping to have all sorted in next day or so...

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Staying logged in old chap. :) I can now see why @Davejb  holds that rank :D:D:D.

'Go on lads over the top....I will be right behind you !' :P

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Up till a day or so ago, I was having to click on three "sign In" pages,.one after the other.....now, all I have to do is click on the shortcut icon on my homepage, and i'm in...wayyyyy to go @Tech Support...happy chappy here...:)

• Field Marshall

Bedtime tales of Bunny Rabbits and Teddy Bears are having to take precedence at the moment... ? Back ASAP... 

2 hours ago, Fred Karno's Army said:

Staying logged in old chap. :) I can now see why @Davejb  holds that rank :D:D:D.

'Go on lads over the top....I will be right behind you !' :P

OIY, what a cheek, I always lead from the front I never come up the rear!!!!!!!!!!9_9

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

So tell me what you really think guys? You like the new Briefing Room? Anyone up for wring a few articles?

• Major General
4 hours ago, Tech Support said:

Bedtime tales of Bunny Rabbits and Teddy Bears are having to take precedence at the moment... ? Back ASAP... 

Well, you should get your good lady to read you some wartime tales instead...it'll get you off to bye-byes quicker...:D

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Working on the home page right now, if you've any suggestions, let me know... ;)

• Field Marshall

So far, here's what the home page looks like... click the home icon art top to see it live.. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 23.13.41.png

• Field Marshall

I was a bit concerned that clicking the home button took you to the page above, rather than the forums. However, feel it's easier to highlight that the website is more than just the forums??????

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I only view it on my iPad mate,so unsure of the page layout on a PC but no I think it looks good and opens the site out,makes it more informative.

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Field Marshall

A few tweaks to make site look better on ipad now finished. Can ipad users let me know if looks ok? Looks fine on mine.

Also, few tweaks to the home page, this is still work in progress.

Banner adverts down the bottom are now in a slider...

Onwards and upwards.... ;)

I like the new format, but I,m still being driven up the wall having to sign in everytime, and on occassions even while I,m on the forum but have.nt posted anything after half hour or so, I,ve just had to sign in to post this

• Field Marshall

That's weird, shouldn't be... I never have to sign in. I never log out, let me look into it. Can you explain what happens?

• Field Marshall

Random quotes added.. just for fun. ;)

• Lenny featured and pinned this topic
  • Lenny unpinned this topic