And Another Mk2 helmet joins the gang..:)

Norrie

This time, it's one I've been after for a wee while...a Police helmet with some provenance..and in a decent condition....seems it was issued to the Isle of Ely  Police Force , then after the war ended, was stuck in a store in the March Station....it lay there for years till the seller ( Rtd Police Officer) was given it on his arrival at the station on the commencement of his service 30 odd years ago.........:)

police helmet 2.jpg

police helmet.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 8/28/2016 at 15:47, DAK D said:

Hi @Norrie,

That is an nice honest Police helmet and you know it's history too :)

D

Thanks @DAK D, the provenance was the main reason for me buying it...I chatted via email with the seller for a while, he served with Cambridgeshire police for 30 years, and was given the helmet on his arrival at March Police Stn in 1973. he says the stores had hundreds of them, shortly after he got there the rest of the helmets  were all taken to a landfill...:( he wishes he had "rescued" many more...:)

It arrived this afternoon, c/w a letter from the seller giving details of it's provenance...well happy with this one...:)

Turns out the Helmet is an FL dated 1939, and the liner is a FFL 6.3/4 dated 1943. It still has quite a bit of the blue hue to it...:)

All in all a good deal for not a lot of money..

100_0242.JPG

100_0249.JPG

100_0250.JPG

100_0252.JPG

100_0253.JPG

100_0247.JPG

100_0254.JPG

• Upvote 3