Car Boot buys, Lot of British Helmets..:-)

Norrie

Great car boot day yesterday...got this lot of Brit Helmets, all from the same seller.....two Mk11's , one a 1940 dated with the rough sand finish......and the warden one, named to a J.Rae from Biggar.......and two Mk1V's, both with 1944 liners and stamped 1945, ..plus a 1938  helmet liner....also a Police Riot helmet...bit of a story behind that one...;) Tales of visiting ladies when the husband is out....and of husband arriving home early, said cop left his kit and ran....LOL....:) 

Helmets car boot.jpg

Davejb

Are you saying that a police officer was doing the dirty on duty, ???????? I  have never heard the like, and more silly him for for getting found out, not that I have ever been in that sort of problem, at least I was never found out, lets say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1
Norrie
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Davejb said:

Are you saying that a police officer was doing the dirty on duty, ???????? I  have never heard the like, and more silly him for for getting found out, not that I have ever been in that sort of problem, at least I was never found out, lets say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I am....but I have no information to names etc... I would never ever divulge a confidence....:)

Its not really a Riot helmet either, ( as you will more than likely know) its a 2005 PASGT Kevlar made by Michael Lauden Assoc in York...still current issue too, I am reliably informed....worn by Firearms, and Armed  Response and "Front Line" guys....braver than me, and twice as daft...info from a shooting mate who is a Armed Response chappy....:)

Edited by Norrie
Norrie
On 15/06/2021 at 12:53, Richard Auld said:

Good haul! Ours are starting up again over here soon.

Thanks Rich...:)