German made, Norwegian reissue

IIAND

Hi all, will get some better pics soon but very pleased to bring this into the collection - German M35 reissued post-WWII to the Norwegian Air Force.

IMG_20210720_220625.jpg

• Like 1
Davejb

Thats a good one, what is the inside like, has it got the war time liner or have they replaced it with one of there own

IIAND
9 hours ago, Davejb said:

Thats a good one, what is the inside like, has it got the war time liner or have they replaced it with one of there own

Hi Dave - original and possibly undyed! Either that or the dye has faded over the decades. I will get more pictures next week.

• Like 1
Davejb

From what I understand that dye is not all that easy to get rid of, so it looks to me as if its the original leather, you can see the markings

• Upvote 1
Afrikakorpsrat64
On 28/07/2021 at 11:16, Davejb said:

From what I understand that dye is not all that easy to get rid of, so it looks to me as if its the original leather, you can see the markings

I agree with @Davejb, doesnt appear to have any traces of the red die, so most likely original leather. I've seen a view like this , but not many. I have one that still has the WW2 German strap.

Afrikakorpsrat64

Excellent example @IIAND! I have an M40 with a rough exterior, but a big size. ET66

20210730_070001.jpg

20210730_065940.jpg

20210730_065934.jpg

Edited by Afrikakorpsrat64
  • Like 1
Richard Auld

I have always wondered about the dyeing of the liners? makes no sense, I have thought perhaps they changed colour due to a disinfecting process perhaps? That would explain why not all are done if say a liner was new and in unused condition? Always thought it a bit odd? Nice helmet...

Rich

• Like 1
IIAND
Posted (edited)

Thanks all - having looked at some other examples of original German liners over the weekend, I do believe this to be wartime original and un-dyed. A nice bonus!

Edited by IIAND
  • Upvote 1