My Luftwaffe Collection- Focus on the Unusual

PaulR

I have several collecting fields, but one of my largest contains Luftwaffe insignia and uniforms.  I noticed over the years that while most collectors clamor torward the more common flight and Hermann Goering Division items, many of the truly rare and obscure items are virtually ignored.  There is a whole wealth of Luftwaffe organizations that contributed greatly to the war effort that many know little to nothing about.  My first uniform set goes to one of these groups.  The General-Luftzuegmeister was the logistics services branch of the Luftwaffe.  They used mainly captured uniform stocks.  The LW blue uniform is Czech and the black dyed uniform is French.  

The cap is German made specifically for this organization.  There was never an eagle applied to it, per the regulations of the GL.  Finding the cap was a total accident.  It was sold on Ebay as a modified/denazified cap.  I was able to get it for very inexpensively- the rarest LW sidecap possible!  

here appear to be two waffenfarben, yellow and red.  I do not yet know what they represent.  

GLTunic.jpg

GLBadge.jpg

GLBadgeRevers.jpg

GLOvercoat.jpg

GLOvercoat1.jpg

GLOvercoatStamp.jpg

GLset2.jpg

GLSet1.jpg

GLset.jpg

GLCap.JPG

GLCap11.jpg

GLCap111.jpg

• Upvote 4

Here is a great LWFD Uffz/Flak tunic.  A friend of mine picked it up directly from the woodwork about 10 years ago.  I was lucky enough to finally buy it from him late last year.  It came complete with a party badge and train ticket in the pocket.  

LWFD Tunic.jpg

LWFD Collar.jpg

Luftwaffe Field Div Tunic1.jpg

Luftwaffe Field Div Tunic3.jpg

Luftwaffe Field Div Tunic2.jpg

• Upvote 6

I have a few other regular Luftwaffe tunics, but I very much enjoy the Beamter.  Here is a very nice and rare NCO Administration tunic.  It has the pink nebenfarbe, which indicates a career in either ordnance, test pilot, cartographer, or aero-photography.   This is only the second LW Administrative NCO tunic I've ever seen.  The first one had a huge hole in the collar from a rat/mouse attack.   I'd been looking for one of these for eight years before this one came up!

RECK_AdminNCO_1.jpg

RECK_AdminNCO_2.jpg

RECK_AdminNCO_4.jpg

RECK_AdminNCO_5.jpg

RECK_AdminNCO_6.jpg

RECK_AdminNCO_7.jpg

• Upvote 2

Lets not forget the Sonderfuhrer.  These are not easy to find either!  I have one officer and NCO.  

beamter_1.jpg

beamter_3.jpg

11987014_744137875713891_8254414887925862345_n.jpg

51a20c47e659eff7c581bdd480093338.jpg

1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Here are the remainder of my tunics.  

The first is to a Flak Uffz of the 49th Flak Regiment.  This unit was destroyed at Stalingrad.  As you can see, the tunic is named.  The really cool part about this item is that you can see evidence of promotions over the years by way of holes where he advanced from Obergrefeiter to Uffz and a slight shadow on the sleeve where the Obergrefeiter stripes used to be attached.  The loops fit the attached awards perfectly.  

The second tunic is an unnamed sani-soldat.  The second photo of the tunic is used to contrast another set of LW tabs, which were definitely light blue, not medical.  

The third tunic is for a Communications Official with a very high rank.  No loops for awards.  The cloth is a very fine silk-like material.  

FlakNCOa.jpg

FlakNCO.jpg

FlakNCOb.jpg

FlakNCOc.jpg

MedicalTuch.jpg

LW Light Blue.jpg

Signals Official.jpg

Edited by PaulR
  • Upvote 2

Here are some insignia odds and ends. 

Beamte Shoulder 9.jpg

Beamte Shoulder 2.JPG

Beamte shoulder 1.JPG

Beamte Shoulder 10.jpg

Beamte Shoulder 3.JPG

Beamte Shoulder 11.jpg

Musik and Heer.JPG

Beamte Shoulder 4.jpg

Beamte Shoulder 5.jpg

Beamte Shoulder 12.jpg

Beamte Shoulder 13.jpg

Beamte Shoulder 15.jpg

Beamte Shoulder 6.jpg

Beamte Shoulder 14.jpg

Beamte Shoulder 7.jpg

Beamte Shoulder 8.jpg

Beamter Shoulder.jpg

Beamter Shoulder1.jpg

Black Admin Tabs.jpg

LWBau.jpg

Black Admin Tabs.jpg

Beamte Shoulder 17.jpg

Boards.jpg

Flying Leader Corps.jpg

LBAU.jpg

Sonder5.jpg

Sonder4.jpg

Edited by PaulR
  • Upvote 1

Some Luftwaffe Auxiliaries- Luftschutz and other related organizations.  

Luftschutz.JPG

Edited by PaulR

I don't think I've ever seen that much Luftwaffe kit in one place before @PaulR, very impressive. Thanks for posting them all.:D

• Upvote 2

Thank you all for the kind words.  I have more to show as well.  

I just sold five very nice uniforms to fund the purchase of a soldbuch to a high profile family member of mine, as well as replacement awards.  All and all, about $13K worth... It pained me to sell them, but I figured that the odds of running into a Soldbuch for a family member(of moderate fame) was next to zero, so my arm was twisted.   I will post the other LW items in the future. 

• Upvote 1

These uniforms and insignias are excellent, one of the best LW collections I,ve seen out side of a museum, you,re a lucky man Paul

• Upvote 2

On 3/7/2016 at 18:51, Davejb said:

These uniforms and insignias are excellent, one of the best LW collections I,ve seen out side of a museum, you,re a lucky man Paul

Thanks Dave. It is a culmination of over 15 years of hard looking.  The awesome thing about the obscure stuff is that it is not popular, which results in very reasonable prices.  The GL tunics, for example, are the only two I know of.  

• Upvote 1

Here are some more views... 

The orange and light blue EM tabs are for military police.  Super rare. 

Admin Reserve1.jpg

Flak3.jpg

GFP.jpg

JustizBeamte.jpg

JustizBeamte2.jpg

JustizBeamte1.jpg

MilPolice.jpg

MilPolicePre43.jpg

Obermeister.jpg

TSD Admin.jpg

TSD Judicial Major.jpg

TSD Judicial TAb.jpg

Werkschutz.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Puts my meagre early collection shame!  Nice one mate for posting pics and write up.

• Upvote 1

• Major General
9 hours ago, Mav352 said:

Very nice @PaulR :)

You aint kidding Mav!

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for the kind words.  All collections are valuable.  I am not trying to make anyone feel bad.  Dont give up as there are so many things out there.  I just like the weird stuff that most others dont seem to.  Many are extremely affordable because they are not from elite units.   For example, a Hermann Goering Division tuchrock can go for 2500 Euros and up, but a LW Beamter tunic which only one known may exist, may struggle to be sold for 700 Euros.  

• Upvote 2