1939 BSW K98k

Manu Della Valle

This K98k has seen action and it was imported from Eastern Europe 20 years ago together with 400 others.Amongst them there were rare "98s" like WSS ones and a few 1945 "dou" with fixed rear sights,but the importer rightly reserved them for himself and his collection!This BSW isn't 100% matching but it COULD be considered matching in that either  at the armoury or at the factory its bolt has been swapped for another from the same maker!How do I know?Because WaA4 is only found on BSW made weapons and its very unlikely that given the low numbers   

of rifles made in 1939 by this factory (only 0,419% on a total offer than 14 millions K98k produced,i.e. only one out of 200 rifles was a 1939 BSW!) there were many to tamper with after the War!Given the fact that amongst these Mausers there wwere a few WSS Totenkopf-stamped ones and that they had been found in the same crates where they had been upon their capture,I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were rifles used by a WSS unit,even if there's a H(for Heere) stamped on the side of the stock and on the pistol grip!To be perfectly honest it's only speculation because I don't give a hoot about "Einrich's Gang"! All in all a very nice,SHOOTING,been-there K98k!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 3

Hi Manu,

That is a super K98 mate and very rare:)

I love bolt action rifles and I have a few.

D

• Upvote 1

Glad you liked that Dermot!I've got other matching K98ks made by "byf"(Mauser) but this one is way rarer!

Cheers

Manu

Hi Manu

What ref book is that BSW data page from, I don't recognize it? Looks like it would be a good addition to the library.

Thanks!

Harry

It's worth nothing that the lowest SN on a 1939 BSW K98k as per Mr.Law's book is 1257.Mine is Nr. 874 without letters after the serial,hence it comes from one of the very first 1939 production batches!

• Upvote 2

Super early and rare indeed. Nice find man, looks in pretty good condition. 

• Upvote 1