Evening from Scotland.

Norrie

Just realised i've not introduced myself....sorry guys.

Well, I'm almost 60, and have been researching my uncles carreer in the RAFVR flying Mosquitos for the last 15 years, and by god, it's been fun. Have found out some amazing facts, and still not nearly finished yet.

Also doing his bros time in the paras, end of WW2 to 1948, after Palestine,.plus my paternal Grandfathers time in the RA during the Blitz in London, Scapa Flow and the South Coast.

Loving all of it...;) 

I'm collecting mainly items to do with the time the family members served, but pick up odd things at car boots and junk shops, just cant help myself.

When I'm not doing that, I go hunting for deer and fox, I shoot three calibres of centre fire , on my syndicate place, and farms I have permission to shoot on. I do a wee bit shotgun stuff too.

I also go sea angling, on my mates boat, mainly for Tope  and Common Skate, the biggest  was 13lbs over the UK record, which is 227lbs...:) It's all gone downhill from there...:) Up till recently, i had my own wee boat, a seahog shortie, with a 50hp four stroke,  but sold it due to lack of use...:)

Anyway, a great place this, I've been on the FB page for a good while, but this site is amazing.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Mav352 said:

Welcome @Norrie. Yes it's a wonderful site, hope you enjoy it as much as we do. 

Hi Mav, am loving it here mate, folks are fantastic, one of THE friendliest forums i've ever been on...:)

3 minutes ago, Mav352 said:

We are a very friendly lot and hardly bite at all xDxDxD

LOL, MOST dont bite....:) 

BTW, I'm in Falkirk...forgot that bit.....:)

• Field Marshall

It was all going well until you mentioned you were from Falkirk... ;)

Only joking, I'm fae Pishy Wishy. :D

Welcome, great bunch of guys here...

• Upvote 1

LOL, surely no!!! Wishy!!!! s'pose some one has to live there... Got mates in Newmains, so, just you watch yerself....:)

• Upvote 1

OH GAWD, not more Scots, My wifes a Scot, her mothers A Scot, her aunts and Uncles are Scots, her brothers and sisters are Scots, its a bloody invasion I tell yer, we,ll have another come on here from the wilds of Barra, calling himself Frasier,,,, Were Doomed, Doomed I,ll tell ye

• Upvote 6

• Major General

Hello Davejb, guess what......?

yep, another of Jock Tamson's bairns! How else did you think this was the best site on the web?

• Upvote 1

What can I say!!!!!! except if I could meet the guy that built Hadrians Wall, I,d give him a damn good thrashing, bloody cowboy builders!!!:3d-f18-jet-fighter-smiley-emoticon:

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
On 29 March 2016 at 22:34, Norrie said:

LOL, surely no!!! Wishy!!!! s'pose some one has to live there... Got mates in Newmains, so, just you watch yerself....:)

I don't live there, I grew up there but I'm in EK now... ;)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Davejb said:

What can I say!!!!!! except if I could meet the guy that built Hadrians Wall, I,d give him a damn good thrashing, bloody cowboy builders!!!:3d-f18-jet-fighter-smiley-emoticon:

What's wrong with Hadrian's Wall? Does Roman engineering not suit you?

It was built to keep the celts out , but it did,nt work, and look what happened, I married into a whole tribe of them, when the mother in law goes up there to visit relatives I cant understand a word she says on her return, and to top it all I FOUND OUT TODAY THAT I HAVE SCOTTISH ANCESTRY , I just cant win

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
9 hours ago, Davejb said:

It was built to keep the celts out , but it did,nt work, and look what happened, I married into a whole tribe of them, when the mother in law goes up there to visit relatives I cant understand a word she says on her return, and to top it all I FOUND OUT TODAY THAT I HAVE SCOTTISH ANCESTRY , I just cant win

You HAVE won, you have Scottish ancestory.. ;)

• Upvote 1

I,m a part time Viking Cockney Irish Scot then,In other words I,m a mongrel

• Upvote 1