Pip, Squeak, and Wilfred.

PmMeYourCats

Medals belonging to my Great uncle James A. Easton who served in the 2nd Dragoon guards from Feb 1914 until late 1918 when the army was demobbed.

RtHhk4Z.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Stoniestpepper said:

The war medal, didn't know it was common to wear it flipped?

Wasn't laying them out in order of wear. Just out for taking the picture hah.

• Field Marshall
6 hours ago, BryanDavidson said:

Wasn't laying them out in order of wear. Just out for taking the picture hah.

No, he means the ribbon on the 14-15 Star is wrong way round... ;) should be red/white/blue as viewed from the front.

Also I meant the British War medal should have George V facing front along with the ribbon of the 14-15 star :P

• Upvote 1

Funny to read this, wearing medals the wrong way around. I know these were just laid out for the photo, but I know a Canadian Afghan vet who has had his medals mounted with the reverse showing as opposed to the Monarch. 

He has not done this in protest, or a sign of disrespect, he simply finds the reverse designs more interesting. 

It was not me having a go at him, it was me simply asking if it common place to wear it with the reverse facing force, because I have actually seen a set similar to this with the reverse facing front mounted

• 2 weeks later...

I always think the reverse of many British medals are more appealing than the head of bust of the monarch at the time, I always display my Great war medals with this way round.

Always great to see a family group, thanks for showing them.  I don't have my granddads from the Great war but I do have my dads from WWII.