WW1 British set up

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Well as my birthdays coming up soon I decided to complete another WW1 set up this time with 08 pattern webbing to put on a mannaquin alongside my 'no head Fred' 1914 Slade Wallis early war mannequin.It all arrived today  :D,if only it were real :).Now I just need to source badges to complete it as a member of the Lancashire Fusiliers circa 1917 :).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Field Marshall

Fantastic, I'm considering a set of repro P08 bullet pouches, where did you get yours @Ham & Jam ?

Guest Fred Karno's Army

To be honest @Lenny I was lucky enough to get this set complete top to toe so as to speak from a guy who was scaling down his impressions.I have seen several examples that differ greatly in quality and price.They are something personally I would handle before buying just to see the quality,rather than order via the web.Although saying that I bought this lot without seeing it in the flesh but as they say 'The price was right!'.  ;)

• Field Marshall

Cheers mate, it's not urgent, just on my "pick up sometime" list. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2016 at 03:45, Ham & Jam said:

Well as my birthdays coming up soon I decided to complete another WW1 set up this time with 08 pattern webbing to put on a mannaquin alongside my 'no head Fred' 1914 Slade Wallis early war mannequin.It all arrived today  :D,if only it were real :).Now I just need to source badges to complete it as a member of the Lancashire Fusiliers circa 1917 :).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A lovely set up indeed and it will look top notch when put out on display .1908 Patt..webbing and associated field gear is extremley hard to source..

Regards Mark 

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I just wish it was all original  ;),wife not too impressed as there is one either side of the chimney breast now :D.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi @Ham & Jam,

I think your WW1 British mannequin sets look great and the kit does not need to be original to make a fantastic display.

D

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Cheers @DAK D gone are the days of affording the real stuff :(,but as I mentioned elsewhere when I was much younger I had all of it and original back then some bits twice and three times over.I gained the learning and knowledge wayyyyyyy back then so these impressions are just that ;).I have no fear of letting people handle the items with the fear of damage or wearing of the items.

:soldier-with-gun:

Guest Fred Karno's Army

The only problem I have now is explaining why this cabinet has made its way down stairs and stuff has suddenly appeared in it in the last four days while she has been visiting relatives with the babushka :$.

Thank god she doesn't check my PayPal account lol ;).

image.jpeg

Guest Fred Karno's Army

The crested Arcadian ware Cenotaph I purchased several years ago from my good friend and close neighbour Paul Hayes in an episode of the BBC 'Put your money where your mouth is '.We filmed the episode by the cenotaph here in Morecambe.

• Major General

2 Almost complete sets recently on eBay went for over 300 & 500 quid, so I think repro's the way to go.there are some great copies out there.

I'm trying to accumulate a set bit by bit, but it's proving difficult and anything but cheap.really regret selling pouches, belt, frog, straps, w/b carrier and small pack for £200 years ago!all original 1918 dated too....

• 1 month later...
  • Major General

@Ham & Jam, @Lenny, got these in today, 6 days from India via DHL!

quality's not bad, although think one or two shortcuts in the construction (see back view).all brasses are strangely tarnished/scratched, probably due to  storage/ manufacture methods.everything works, although I don't think you'd get more than one .303 clip in each pouch.nevertheless, these are great for display or re-enactment...and for 33 quid all in, pretty good value.thinking of completing a set now.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@Bil4338 You can't go wrong for that mate ;). Soldier of fortunes new 08' Patt Mk2 pouches are I think £39.99 a pair but then plus post,but at least the new run they have are decent compared to some of there other 'budget' sets o.O.

Guest Fred Karno's Army
On 15 April 2016 at 16:36, Ham & Jam said:

The only problem I have now is explaining why this cabinet has made its way down stairs and stuff has suddenly appeared in it in the last four days while she has been visiting relatives with the babushka :$.

Thank god she doesn't check my PayPal account lol ;).

image.jpeg

That cabinet seems to have filled slightly more in the past few weeks lol :$;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Major General

Helve carrier, w/b carrier, small pack still to get.looking at SOF right now, I can get from there unless original gear turns up!

Guest Fred Karno's Army
7 minutes ago, Bil4338 said:

Helve carrier, w/b carrier, small pack still to get.looking at SOF right now, I can get from there unless original gear turns up!

Messaged you on FAce ache mate ;).