WW2 Class A "Restoration"

OD33

I bought this WWII Army Air Corps Class A tunic a couple of months ago as it appears. I thought this would be great for a "restoration" project: the first pic shows everything original with the tunic, minus unit patch, ribbons, collar discs, ruptured duck, and the triangular specialty AAC patch(2nd photo). Pic 3 shows that the ruptured duck was glued rather than sewn, so it must have been the khaki cotton twill version and not the embroidered version.

DSC00017.JPG

DSC00018.JPG

DSC00019.JPG

DSC00020.JPG

added are correct WW2 Army Air Corps brass collar discs, and 3 ribbons just recently acquired off eBay. The ribbon bar fits perfectly in the pin holes, as does the enlisted collar discs. Since the ribbons and patches are probably long gone, there's no telling what this soldier(airman) was originally awarded, but this seemed fitting since the Air Medal ribbon is on the far left.

DSC00022.JPG

original era patches pinned on. As with the ribbons, there is no telling what Army Air Force patch adorned this man's left shoulder, and the same with triangular patch on the bottom right sleeve. I figured the "generic" AAC patch was more appropriate as most class A's and Ike's had that when accompanied with a specialty patch...

DSC00024.JPG

16 hours ago, Ham & Jam said:

Looks fantastic now :D.

Thank ya sir!

• Major General

Classic tunic, looks way better than before.what I'd call a sympathetic reconstruction!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...