PTSD awareness

pylon1357

I thought I would post this here and see if any other nations have something similar. I think this is just getting started, and I am happy to be an early supporter. 

The patch below has been refereed to as the IGY6 pronounced IGGY 6 patch. for PTSD awareness. Everything about this patch has a meaning. 

The semicolon.... This creates a pause. Almost like a thought, a reconsideration of the cessation of a sentence. Or in this case, your life.

IGY6 stands for I Got Your Back. The colours also carry a meaning.

TEAL is for PTSD awareness.

BLACK is for the heavy hearts that many of us carry for those who suffer from PTSD and those who have lost loved ones because of PTSD.

RED is a symbol of the blood that has been shed.

YELLOW is for Support our Troops.

The WHITE background can also mean on common or neutral ground. To say there is NO judgement or preconception here.

So when you combine it all together, it is a way of saying that if you are thinking about taking your life or feel utterly trapped and alone, PAUSE, I got your back. I will help you through it and stand by your side. If you ever see someone wearing it, know that they will help you and are there to listen.

large.56ff7901e4faa_igy6(Custom).jpg.654

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

We certainly don't have anything like this in the Uk.

Its a good idea in principle,but I don't know about approaching a stranger wearing it,but then again I don't venture into the 'real'world now very often due to PTSD myself but hope it proves to be worthy anything that can aid awareness and certainly understanding is good in my book. 

:grenade:

Edited by Fred Karno's Army