My favourite helmet, M35 cammo chicken wire.

Lenny

• Field Marshall

I used to collect German helmets, but stopped about 10 years ago. Here's a pic of my favourite helmet ever. I cried when I let this one go. :( M35 Normandy cammo, chicken wire, straight from veteran. One of very few chicken wires that are one lookers...

chicken wire.jpg

• Upvote 6

Bloody hell that's a nice one... Something like that would go for a mint now!

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

My friend/dealer has it, he bought it from me when I was going through my divorce. It's one of those, if you have to ask you can't afford it helmets. Trust me, if this was ever sold again, it would be silly money, I mean SILLY. :o

• Upvote 1

Killer lid. This one screams!!! My chicken wire pales in comparison. A real beaut! Good that you know where it is still.

Rob 

• Field Marshall
5 minutes ago, lach470 said:

Killer lid. This one screams!!! My chicken wire pales in comparison. A real beaut! Good that you know where it is still.

Rob 

Yes but I could never afford to buy it back... :(

• Upvote 1

That is a stunning helmet would be many ££ to get that back what what a beautiful piece to have in a collection 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on the FB page, as stated a very nice lid. Sounds like you still can visit it... :-)

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
8 minutes ago, horridohutch said:

Saw this on the FB page, as stated a very nice lid. Sounds like you still can visit it... :-)

Indeed, but I just want it back, my mate isn't wanting to sell it, but always said if the price was right, groan.... :(

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

Indeed, but I just want it back, my mate isn't wanting to sell it, but always said if the price was right, groan.... :(

When people say 'the right price' they mean an arm, a bollock and everything you've got in your pocket. :)

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall
On 25/03/2016 at 18:46, Daniel said:

very nice looking helmet you have

That's the problem @Daniel, I don't have it anymore... :(

Lenny,

One day soon you should make it your mission to get that helmet back, as it is a superb example :)

D

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
1 hour ago, DAK D said:

Lenny,

One day soon you should make it your mission to get that helmet back, as it is a superb example :)

D

It aint gonna happen, my mate the dealer isn't selling, although he did say if I made him a decent offer he would. I'd need to sell my car. ;) Also found another one of my helmets that another dealer friend has now bought back, been through a few collectors. M35 Apple Green Double Decal SS. I can't afford that one either... :(

12 minutes ago, Lenny said:

It aint gonna happen, my mate the dealer isn't selling, although he did say if I made him a decent offer he would. I'd need to sell my car. ;) Also found another one of my helmets that another dealer friend has now bought back, been through a few collectors. M35 Apple Green Double Decal SS. I can't afford that one either... :(

Sorry to hear that Lenny, do you have any photos of the SS DD M35?

D

• Field Marshall
11 minutes ago, DAK D said:

Sorry to hear that Lenny, do you have any photos of the SS DD M35?

D

Yeah, somewhere, just looking...

• Field Marshall

Can't find the proper pics, only a low res gif. Wasn't mint by any means, but was real... The SS runes had been lacquered as they had started to left.

ss.gif

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Yeah, I could buy it back for £1800, but can't spend that on a helmet these days. :(

Years ago when my mate was buying his first flat at the age of 21, he had some building work done, but when he came to pay for all the work, he found that if he paid for it then his mortgage would,nt be paid. The builder saw that he had a very nice SS dagger with chain and also a terrific DD SS M35, now I remember seeing these when we were both kids, his dad who was a Para in WW2 brought them back from Holland, they were found in a German footlocker in a Dutch house used for billiting. The builder said that he would take them both for payment, so ,reluctantly he let them go, the work was costing about £700. I remember the fantastic condition the M35 was in, the decals were mint, paint was very good and the liner was like a creamy white, If he knew then what he knows now it would be different, I think the dagger was a Boker, The helmet must have been an officers lid, it was virtually untouched

Having seen your helmet......collection.....notice I qualified that Mr Lenny ;)...Fnaah Fnaah...

Gutted for you....They were all crackers :S

• Upvote 1