French Helmet F1 + NVG

BULM5

• 4 weeks later...

Thanx for sharing your set up @BULM5 not something you get to see every day a working set of NVG it looks like your F-1 is an earlier steel example is it date stamped and any chance on a shot of the liner showing the interior furniture.And for the sake of comparison here are a couple of pictures of an F-1 from my collection.

Regards Mark

P1060700.JPG

P1060703.JPG

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Lovely examples of one of my favourite helmets lads.you do know of course there were two versions, the other later version having a circular pad and removable screwbolts holding the liner.also a nylon webbing suspension and straps.

• Upvote 2

Hi Guys, this was my own personal helmet set when I was in the french army, it was the first version, the camo net did a good job of hiding it, but it was full of dings and looked like hell without the net, I sold the set with the NVG a week ago for a 1000 bucks...I actually never liked the shape of this helmet much even if the liner was quite an improvement to wear compared to the older lid, I am still more fond of my very first helmet received the day I enlisted, it is the old pattern french helmet with an internal plastic helmet, it is still in VGC and this one I would not sell. Contrary to the F1, the old one could be separated from the liner, which was sometimes handy...some of the guys in the squad were actually swapping their french lids for ww2 US helmets, and hiding its shape under the camo net, that was a super cool thing to do at the time... 

• Upvote 2