Large caliber Canadian ordnance (INERT)

Spaceinvader

Hello all! 

This is my first post on the MCN, so I thought I would post a little something about the area of collecting I am interested in. I collect medium to large caliber inert ordnance, so .50 to really anything bigger if I can get my hands on it! Specifically in that area I love APFSDS-T and APDS ammunition, and 25x137mm rounds. Anyways, lets get on with some big stuff! 

I mainly get my inert stuff from the US and UK as there isnt much around in Canada but I have managed to find all my large caliber stuff right here in Canada. All of these are Canadian marked and used. Of course, all inert and safe!

From left to right: 

WW2 17pdr (77mm) APDS projectile (looking for a case if anyone has some tips...) 

1950's 3" .50cal casing 

1960's 20pdr (84mm) casing (needs a primer and some markings put back on) 

1950's 105mm M14 artillery casing 

105mm Leopard 1 TK casing 

And last, and most interesting, a 4" blank, made of plastic, and made by Samsonite! 

Hope you all enjoy, I am sure I will be back with some more ordnance and maybe some of the few Canadian militaria items I have! 

Rhys 

large caliber canadian.jpg

Edited by Spaceinvader
  • Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • Major General

Come on Rhys!,lets have some more pictures buddy. I intend to get this section moving. :)

• Major General
2 hours ago, Fuze Collector said:

Oi! Stick to your air dropped forum!

Didnt know this was your bit geeza?

• Major General

Blimey!  Wheres the 'mooning' emoticon?xD

You would,nt believe it but that is an accurate representation of Steve Ts rectum, its BIG

• Major General

And on that note,i shall trundle my way back to the Airdropped place...much more safer,scary you lot..:P

Is your Leopard casing Canadian Marked?? Mine ( which came directly out of a Leo in AFG) has the British Broad arrow stamped into the base and a date of 1970. Honestly, this gave me pause for thought. 

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Last time i was at Overloon museum in the Netherlands a couple of years ago,My old matey Ben Junier was telling me all about how the Leapord was actually on the drawing boards late war...
Imagine that was a success?  Might have been a game-changer?

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 16:45, Waffenamt said:

Blimey!  Wheres the 'mooning' emoticon?xD

Damn  I just spent 2 hours looking for the Moron emoticon,, the looked a re -read it,, mooning emoticon !!    ffs ,, :D

Hello everyone! 

I will be posting some more stuff soon as I am getting a couple of medium and large caliber stuff soon from the UK. 40-120mm! 

Pylon, my 105mm casing is marked with Canadian serial numbers and designation, so they are Canadian made or atleast made for Canada. All of these casings have serial numbers that begin with "CA", and some casings say "C6" (the 105mm) or "C2" (on the 20pdr) which I think is the designations for the types of casings. 

PS, is medium caliber ordnance acceptable here? Got a decent amount of it! 

Edited by Spaceinvader
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

Yes it is buddy!  Post away. :)

• Upvote 1

• Major General
1 hour ago, Fuze Collector said:

Anything 20mm and above is ok in here.

I cant see a forum for below geezer?

Great! I like medium caliber-large caliber stuff. Not much in the way of large caliber as I must find it in person most of the time, cant get it shipped. Once the package arrives I will post it up, some really special stuff in it! :D 

• Upvote 1

On 06/03/2016 at 18:25, Spaceinvader said:

Hello everyone! 

I will be posting some more stuff soon as I am getting a couple of medium and large caliber stuff soon from the UK. 40-120mm! 

Pylon, my 105mm casing is marked with Canadian serial numbers and designation, so they are Canadian made or atleast made for Canada. All of these casings have serial numbers that begin with "CA", and some casings say "C6" (the 105mm) or "C2" (on the 20pdr) which I think is the designations for the types of casings. 

PS, is medium caliber ordnance acceptable here? Got a decent amount of it! 

Thanks for that. I will have to dig out my 105 casing and take a few pictures of it. I had it my tent space for a few months, then decided to toss it in  a box and ship it home. I was quite surprised it made it. 

• Upvote 1