WW1 Imperial German Trench Knife

HetzersGonnaHetz

I was just browsing the web and came across this trench knife. I already own a 1907 pattern Lee Enfield Bayo and a bayo for a G98 and seen as though these are the centenary years for WW1, I wanted to add another edged weapon to my collection. Apart from the Stains on the blade and a few problems with the scabbard ie 1 rivet missing and some black paint coming off, it's price is very low for a German Trench Knife as I've seen some go for £200 upwards. It's price is £160, but how, he coulod easily charge more couldn't he?

51821a.jpg

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Just be aware this is one of the MOST prolific of the German trench knives that have been copied for 30years plus,and some are very,very good.A know a lot who have been stung with the reproduction ones @HetzersGonnaHetz :(.

I will bear that in mind, I'm going to have to find a way of authenticating it, I'll have a look on the web.

Guest Fred Karno's Army

This one is spot on,although missing the leather frog,but it was very common to remove those  :).

image.png

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

If the one you intend to buy and is in the photo, you,d best double check, the scabbard and knife are laying side by side, The knife is longer than the scabbard!!!! and wont fit, so it looks as if theres a mismatch there

• Major General

@Davejb, well spotted!

its so easy for someone to get excited at the sight of  a well priced item only to find out too late that you've paid for a well aged repro.