SELL SELL SELL

the colonel

I am curious, as an ebay seller, is it better to continue there or try break free from the ever increasing fees and try selling on here and on FB ???? all imput appreciated gents

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Personally I find Facebook good for selling myself,but to be honest I only list stuff in two groups.The only draw backs I found are the 'can you save until.....' Brigade and then the armchair expert brigade ( not in my case,but seen some cracking yes it is !,no it's not arguments :D).

At least with eBay the money is paid and as long as your honest in description and photos it's always worked for me,the downside obviously the ever increasing fees >:(.

But i tend to try and list my stuff at a reasonable price and affordable for people,i always say the price sells it not the story,or is it the story adds to the price,or maybe .....oh I can't honestly remember !.Anyway back to stamping beer cans as bits of Zepplins :D ;).

cheers @Ham & Jam and keep up the good work with the beer cans, and yes ive seen the armchair brigade on various groups, hense ive stuck with fleabay, but these days they are proper taking the piss with fees, they even charge a FV Fee on postage, whats that all about ???, if its a tenner to post, why do I give 50p of it to them, now I'm 50p short lol

Hi @the colonel,

It can't hurt to advertise what you have on here :) 

I have never tried selling on ebay, but facebook has been a total waste of time for me...

D

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ham & Jam said:

It's PayPal that gets my goat up,bloody ridiculous what they charge >:(>:(>:(

all ebay owned, they win on all levels

1 hour ago, DAK D said:

Hi @the colonel,

It can't hurt to advertise what you have on here :) 

I have never tried selling on ebay, but facebook has been a total waste of time for me...

D

trouble is @DAK D , most my stuff is british and antiquarian, I don't do bad goys and I don't do much ww2, I sell mainly dress uniforms etc

2 minutes ago, the colonel said:

trouble is @DAK D , most my stuff is british and antiquarian, I don't do bad goys and I don't do much ww2, I sell mainly dress uniforms etc

for example, today mr nice courier dropped 6 x royal fusiliers tunics ranging from capt to 2lt and both Edwardian and Victorian plus an AOC serge tunic and a royal scots greys officers patrol tunic, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so no ww2 stuff etc

• Upvote 1

@the colonel I see what you are saying, but this forum is growing and perhaps it will attract more collectors who like Victorian and non - WW2 items. I myself appreciate militaria from all periods in history :)

D

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
2 hours ago, the colonel said:

for example, today mr nice courier dropped 6 x royal fusiliers tunics ranging from capt to 2lt and both Edwardian and Victorian plus an AOC serge tunic and a royal scots greys officers patrol tunic, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so no ww2 stuff etc

Invite all your non ww2 collecting friends here then.. ;)