WH M44 combat jacket,trousers and....

Manu Della Valle

I'd like to share with you this beautiful set consisting of a gorgeous M44 jacket and trousers made of Italian Regio Esercito "Cordellino" cloth.The trousers come with and exceedingly rare LW-issue blue web belt for the M44 trousers!I also have an M43 cap and greatcoat made of the same cloth for a matching and absolutely rare uniform as worn by the Germsn Armed Forces in Higher Italy during the final days of the War!

Cheers

Manu

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with Mav, its a beautiful uniform, and it actually looks comfortable to wear, Italian cloth with satin type lining. never seen those type of trousers before especially with that belt, the blue buttons really sets it off as well

• Upvote 1

@Mav352 Thanks mate!

@Davejb...yes,this tupé of cloth was very comfortable but,on the other hand,there was another Italian "autartic" cloth called "ortica" (Italian for "nettle") that was made with nettle fibers  mixed to recycled wool and that was very coarse,after all even the Germans mixed vegetal fibers to recycled wool but that was made in

a "less sophisticated" way,whereas the Italian "Nettle cloth" is pleasant to the eye and very homogeneous but very,very stiff and coarse!

• Upvote 1

• Major General

One word...which I've just forgotten 'cos I'm just stunned looking at this ensemble....can't put a price on that as it'd be out of most collectors' reach.just stunning.:o

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

One word...which I've just forgotten 'cos I'm just stunned looking at this ensemble....can't put a price on that as it'd be out of most collectors' reach.just stunning.:o

Bil,
this ensemble is even more rare in that I also own a matching greatcoat and M43 cap but what sets it apart is the absurdly rare M44 belt!There are many post-WW2 belts around but this one it's REAL and..............LW-issue! :D
As far as a pricing is concerned,well...if I needed money I'd first sell my car,THEN the bikes,and THEN I'd sleep into a big cardboard box!xD

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 1