Early Canadian Woven Olive Green Net

Mark K

Gents I thought I would share this early Canadian woven olive green camo net with you they are extremely hard to come by and I have only ever seen a couple of examples in all my years of collecting these predate the Canadian two tone nets and were produced in very limited numbers there is as well an early woven khaki brown net but I have only ever seen period images of this example and IMO are scarcer than the olive green variation.
I find the early nets fascinating as the amount of work that went into there construction is amazing in comparison to the later war knotted nets that could be built much quicker and cheaper to meet the needs of the troops heading to the theatre of operations.
This particular net is on a very nice 1941 C.L./C Mk II steel batch code 28 it is sporting a 42 dated VMC liner in a size 7 1/4 .the helmet is nicely C-/l\ marked in the interior near the dome and on the chinstrap you may have notice how the liner securing nut and bolt has been reversed this is quite a common site on Canadian Mk II's as the bolt threads out past the dish shaped nut and would come in contact with the wearers head giving one a headache and leaving a nasty mark Ouuuuch ! 

Regards Mark

Picture 2930(1).jpg

Picture 2931(1).jpg

Picture 2932(1).jpg

Picture 2933(1).jpg

Picture 2937(1).jpg

Picture 2934(1).jpg

Picture 2935(1).jpg

Picture 2942(1).jpg

Picture 2939(1).jpg

netting1 (1).jpg

On 6/4/2016 at 12:59, Mark K said:

you may have notice how the liner securing nut and bolt has been reversed this is quite a common site on Canadian Mk II's as the bolt threads out past the dish shaped nut and would come in contact with the wearers head giving one a headache and leaving a nasty mark Ouuuuch ! 

Regards Mark

Got a problem?The Canadians are glad to help!^_^:P
GREAT item and GREAT pictures,mate!
Cheers
Manny

• Upvote 1

Many thanx Manny I have seen a few more of these olive green nets surface in the UK recently but sadly not a khaki brown one in the bunch so my search continues...

Regards Mark

• Downvote 1