Me and my collection

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Hi there,

Lenny here, boss of the MCN. I've collected Militaria since I was about 10, my first item was an Imperial Iron Cross 2nd Class that my grandfather brought back from WW1. Over the years I've collected most things, from British cap badges, to helmets, bayonets, deacts, buckles, etc. etc. At the moment, nearly 40 years later, I collect German Belt Buckles and German Grenades.

I'm a member of most of the web forums, and started up the Militaria Collector's Network in 1998. It had been in existence a few years before that on bulletin boards, Fidonet and then a mailing list and Yahoo Groups. It ran it's course and unfortunately fizzled out about 8 or 9 years ago. I had given up collecting for a while and it was only less than a year ago I started up the MCN again, this time as a Facebook group.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/Milcol/ which now has over 10,000 members.

Facebook has it's issues, they can be funny about certain things, and seem to close down groups for no good reason. Also, it's hard to find anything as there's no structure. Everything just ends up at the bottom when someone new posts. A web forum is ideal for this, it can be structured and split into different areas.I for one, am excited that it's back. Onwards and upwards...

You'll see a selection of pics from my collection in the gallery. ;)

eks.jpg

latest headgear 2.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
4 minutes ago, Omaha Beach Ball said:

Great collection Lenny, Is your DAK helmet original including paint and decals, just wondering looks pretty good from here as does the others.

Afraid not, was a repro... I got it as real, but when I was young and naive... ;)

• Field Marshall

My collection got a bit better later... Still make me nearly cry to see what I used to have pre-divorce. Couldn't afford to replace it all now. :(

latest 3.jpg

latest 2.jpg

• Upvote 4

• Major General

I remember all these lovely helmets Lenny, you even offered some to me, just a pity I was skint at the time!

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
4 minutes ago, Omaha Beach Ball said:

Can you tell me more about the DAK helmet, is it an original M35, size 64, maker marked EF with left decal missing?

It was a repainted relic mate, from memory it was an M35, spurious, got rid of it...

• Field Marshall
17 minutes ago, Bill said:

I remember all these lovely helmets Lenny, you even offered some to me, just a pity I was slint at the time!

Yeah, just wish I didn't have to sell them... :-(

• Field Marshall
6 minutes ago, Omaha Beach Ball said:

No worries just wondering as it looked very much like my old M35 that I painted in DAK and weathered, just for the record I sold mine as a re-painted helmet. 

cut.jpg

I sold it with a missing left deal.

Mine was sold to a collector here in Glasgow about 10 years ago, had a really dry hard liner from memory.

• 4 weeks later...

You have one heck of a collection.  I've not seen so many helmets.  I just have one completely original LW M42, that I use to create displays with. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall

I've been moving things about, always stuck for space.. :(

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Hi Lenny,

I know you lost so much, but you do have some fantastic pieces still :)

D

• Upvote 1