WH CLEMENS WAGNER TROPENHELM

Manu Della Valle

It's raining Clemens Wagners!This one has REALLYseen Africa and it's a Vet Bring-Back!It's rather rough on the edges(literally!),the fabric band around it is frayed and the chin strap is broken but it's  in the same conditions as it was when it was sent/brought to Australia,i.e. in the same conditions as it was when it had been picked up somewhere in Aftica!It's barely worn even if it's worn (terrible pun deliberately intended!),it's  beautifully made and it still retains the tiny oval decal with the size on the leather sweatband!I could upgrade easily but I think that this one will perdectly fill the bill  as far as tropenhelms are concerned!

Cheers

Manu

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks Dermot,
it's got character,it's a crying shame that the chinstrap broke on such a piece but I'm totally sure that it happened well after the War due to handling!I doubt that it was worn by kids to play because it's spent its life in a trunk but somebody somehow did the damage!

If I keep dribbling like this I may have to buy a bib (in splinter pattern I think) xD

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mav352 said:

If I keep dribbling like this I may have to buy a bib (in splinter pattern I think) xD

xDxDxD!Thanks Mav!

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Fantastic....

Thank you Lenny...glad to see the forum grow with every thread!

• Upvote 1