1944 dated Mk III

Mark K

I came upon this Mk III a couple of years back she is a little on the salty side but I have never been known for turning a helmet in need out and decided to give it a new home..  
It is an earlier Mk III due to the fact she has been factory painted in khaki green instead of khaki brown as found on the later war produced Mk III's the shell is marked on the rear skirt but it is very hard to make out the manufacturer I can just make out the date though and IMO it was produced in 1944 .
There are a couple of tells though that does help one in pin pointing who the producer was though such as the stamp runs vertically instead of horizontal this in conjunction with the overlapping and welded rim joint points to the manufacturer being BMB 
The liner is well marked and dated 1944 and was produced by (CCL) Charles Collett Ltd. IMO this helmet has been in this configuration for some time as the liner securing nut and bolt look untouched and are seized together and will not come apart this helmet is a welcome addition to my collection and I now have full representation of these iconic helmets covering four decades of military service in the British Armed forces 

Regards Mark

Picture 3085.jpg

Picture 3086.jpg

Picture 3087.jpg

Picture 3089.jpg

Picture 3090.jpg

Picture 3093.jpg

Picture 3074.jpg