REMBERING MEN I SERVED WITH AND ADMIRE

the colonel

The crags of tumbledown, as played by the greatest bn I ever served with ,,,,,,, 2nd bn scots guards ,,,,,

• Upvote 2

GREAT Unit,full of traditions and Battle Honours !Salute @the colonel!

:smiley-face-soldier:

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 1

I remember my brother in law telling me about these crags, he was in 3 Para at the Falklands, and as my Scottish Ma in law would say "A wild and woolly place"

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Manu Della Valle said:

GREAT Unit,full of traditions and Battle Honours !Salute @the colonel!

:smiley-face-soldier:

although I joined them a few yrs later in the 80s I have some great friends that fought at tumbledown, I'm hoping to get home for tumbledown 35 to represent my corps, as ive had an invite to the reunion, BLUE RED BLUE remember the TV&FA

• Upvote 2

Incidentally their motto is the same my late father adopted while at the high school..."Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"!The Scots fought bravely on the Italian Front too! 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Davejb said:

I remember my brother in law telling me about these crags, he was in 3 Para at the Falklands, and as my Scottish Ma in law would say "A wild and woolly place"

I have a buddy was with 3 para at longdown, army chef, cooked breakfast, then manned the 50 cal and covered the advance, once at objective grabbed a streacher and ferried the wounded , finally popping a brew on ready for the lads returning, he opitomises our esprit de corps and I'm very proud of his efforts in 82

• Upvote 3

I remember on an ex in the black mountains we had a colour sgt, quiet bloke normally, when hit by a harrier attaxk force he proper lost it manning a landy mounted gimpy and going hell for leather, the lads just said leave him to sort his head, so we did, proper mad guy, proper hero

• Upvote 2

Yes there were a few "nutters" in there, I remember being at the In laws in Aldershot, drinking in the Paras pub the Globetrotter, bad idea, tables and chairs flying everywhere, and the Mps were called, one of them a guy called tricky dickie from the nicky, who was Corporal of the guard house ,who my sister in law was going out with, got stabbed outside, it was quite bad, his lung was punctured, but he ran after the guy who did it and caught him 3/4 mile away ,beat the living crap out of him before collapsing and being carted off to hospital. The guy who did it was in the next cubicle unconscious. he was later taken to Colchester sin bin., and tricky was back at work after a week, they were some hard buggers, glad I was in their good books

• Upvote 3