Not your "normal" DAK shoes yet...

Manu Della Valle

How many of you have seen pictures of DAK soldiers wearing plimsolls instead of the more "martial" low or knee-high boots?What they wear in those photos are actually the sports shoes that were issued to every soldier while in the Heimat for sport activities and physical training!They were very popular because they were lightweight,comfy and fresh!They're very rare,especially with their original,pointlessly long shoestrings!Again,another pair coming from Italy and not from the wardrobe of an obscure barrack in Germany or Austria!This pair is depot-marked E38 for Erfurt!

Cheers

Manu

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 2

Well they,re not exactly Nike, but look well made, and do look comfortable in an old style way, . I must say you do get some extremely rare items out there in Italy, I think it might be time for a move, but keep it quiet dont tell the wife!!!

• Upvote 1

They were quite popular amongst air and tank crews!

I daresay anything was preferable to wearing boots all day or for any prolonged period

• Upvote 1

Especially the knee-high ones...

xDxDxD....Aunt Gertrud's shoes!You're right but they're WH-Issue "trainers"!

• Upvote 1

Hi @Manu Della Valle

Pardon me for sleeping xD

Those are interesting and super rare leather gym shoes and I have seen them in photos of German soldiers in North Africa, but I have not seen anyone with a pair in a collection or for sale. There were some brown canvas KM ones for sale a number of years ago, but I did not buy a pair.

Now you just need an ME109 or part of one, but I have no idea where you will find that ??? ;)

D

• Upvote 1

I think Lenny downed one!These shoes are extremely rare,much more than the KM canvas/leather ones,especially in this color (black did exist as well!) and as we all know they were often used in Africa!They're not as "glamorous" as a pair of military shoes but they'd fit a mannequin quite well!

Cheers

Manu

• Upvote 2

Hi Manu,

Lenny did mate xD

Soldiers wore what they liked in Africa and it was tolerated!

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

On 12/4/2016 at 20:00, DAK D said:

Hi Manu,

Lenny did mate xD

Soldiers wore what they liked in Africa and it was tolerated!

D

Try to imagine an "Afrikaner" sent to "zee Vest front" for wearing these shoes!xD